Is there a "perfect" crib out there, with adjustable height, a slideable side you can open/close? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-04-2012, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for co sleeping options. I want to make a crib like a studier version of an arms reach that will last longer. I imagine a slideable side, the one thats closest to the bed, having a easy to open/close, without just taking the side off. Has it been invented? Kind of like a stair blocker that collapes.? I hope i can simplify this in my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 04:53 PM

I don't think so because I believe they banned the dropside due to injuries.  here are probably a lot of barriers to invent such a thing, at least in the USA.  I got the ikea non dropside and I am too short to put my baby in there.  We cosleep so it's okay, but if I was really relying on it I'd be pretty  bummed.

Sorry I am no help.  Are you handy enough to invent it?

DH, and Me plus baby girl (10/07)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:18 PM

Sidecar a convertible crib to the bed and take the front off. Mine comes with three height options and the front screws off in a minute. You can't put the rail back up but if it's secured to your bed then you won't need that anyways. Hth
Old 12-06-2012, 08:51 AM

Please invent it!  :)  I've racked my brain to figure out an easily-removeable "4th side" for the sidecar, for when baby's there alone.  I didn't feel comfortable with the safety of too much improvising, so instead DD starts the night in a pack-n-play then comes to the sidecar when I go to bed.

Definitely look for a high-quality, sturdy crib.  Our crib is a Ragazzi dropside, bought used before dropsides were banned.  It's awesome!  Sturdy enough for me to scoot in there to nurse instead of trying to move a sleeping baby back and forth.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:55 AM

I had thought about making a 4th side out of plastic plumbing pipes, with mesh netting like on the sides of a pack-n-play.  The idea being that you could slide it between the crib rails and snap it into place, then slide it out when you come to bed.  But gave up before trying it!

Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

I dont think I can invent anything, i am just too overwhelmed. If i find a convertible type, that just makes it easier? Guess i will have start searching for recommendations, are they all that different? If i have it sidecared, i guess that will be ok for a baby that stays put, but once they start to move its unsafe to stay that way, right? I dont think it will work for me because i am a very unaware sleeper that tosses and turns, and have lotsof nightmares greensad.gif , one more thing to worry about, but i am working on it. I doubt i will change, plus add the exhaustion in there, and i just need a fool proof method of safety. I dont want to sleep with the crib all 4 sides up , b/c that will be so much work. I just want to move the side i need when i need, to nurse, or comfort baby. Now i am imaging everytime i shut the baby in there , crying may happen, just from watching me shut the thing. But i will be so tired getting up and removing the 4th side, so i dont know what to do.And as baby gets heavier, it will feel harder in the night to pull out of there. Maybe i am misunderstanding the convertible, i would think it makes this problem easier. I hope someone invents the answer too. Makes me tired just thinking about it. I just cant cosleep any old way, i know my self.

Tags
Perfect
User Tag List