When you say "put the mattress on the floor." - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Do you mean just the mattress or the box spring as well? My DD is 18 months now, so it's not that big of a deal anymore, but I'd always wondered if the box spring+mattress on the floor was safe enough. I can't get comfortable on just a mattress! 

2twins.gif DH, me, DD '11 blowkiss.gif and a new rainbow1284.gifbabyboy.gif born at home April '14! 

familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif cd.gif goorganic.jpgh20homebirth.gif winner.jpg 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

I suspect they meant just the mattress but we have ours on the boxspring and I feel fine with that,  we just don't leave baby alone in the bed and I keep an arm over her waist at night. When she gets a bit older I will teach her how to get in and out safely.

#3 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

I suspect they meant just the mattress but we have ours on the boxspring and I feel fine with that,  we just don't leave baby alone in the bed and I keep an arm over her waist at night. When she gets a bit older I will teach her how to get in and out safely.

That's what I did. She never fell off and at about 9 or 10 months I taught her to scoot off backwards and she was fine. 

2twins.gif DH, me, DD '11 blowkiss.gif and a new rainbow1284.gifbabyboy.gif born at home April '14! 

familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif cd.gif goorganic.jpgh20homebirth.gif winner.jpg 

#4 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

DD is only 2.5 weeks old but this is what we do (so far).

Single mama to an only born November 2012.
Co-sleeping, vaxing, baby-wearing, sometimes cloth diapering, car seat safety advocate. Still nursing with no end in sight
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page