How to get 3 1/2 year old to sleep in own bed - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-10-2012, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 3 1/2 year old daughter has been cosleeping with us since she was just a couple weeks old. All 3 of my children co sleep. But it's getting to the point where I'm being kicked out of my bed. There have been plenty of nights where I just walked across the hallway and slept in my 3 1/2 year olds bed because I literally fell out of my bed. I've tried to get her to sleep in her own bed, she will for a couple hours but then it's right back to digging toes into my ribs until I move closer and closer to the edge of my bed.. and finally BOOM I'm on my butt on the floor. My 2 year old daughter gets up because her sister does, My 1 year old son wakes up several times a night just for cuddles. I want to try to start small and at least get my girls in their beds. Has anyone made this transition? How did you go about it? 

#2 of 3 Old 12-10-2012, 03:25 PM

Well, I'd like to get my 4 yo DD out of my bed. I think we're going to start w/putting her bed next to mine, then a couple feet away, then eventually in her own room. The idea of sleeping in her own room is such a foreign concept to her that I know it wouldn't go over at all at this point. So, we're going to try baby steps. :)

#3 of 3 Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste Amma View Post

Well, I'd like to get my 4 yo DD out of my bed. I think we're going to start w/putting her bed next to mine, then a couple feet away, then eventually in her own room. The idea of sleeping in her own room is such a foreign concept to her that I know it wouldn't go over at all at this point. So, we're going to try baby steps. :)

That's a good idea. My bedroom is very small as I have my kid's beds in the master bedroom, I'm sure we could figure out a way to rearrange it somehow. Thank you. I feel bad for wanting her out of my bed, but at the same time I know that none of us are getting the amount of sleep we need to function the next day.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page