Worse than nightwaking, baby can't sleep at all! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas, i've been a frequent poster here- DD (almost 12 mos) has always been a crappy sleeper, waking every 2 hours or so, and more often if teething or her tummy's upset. I didn't think it could get any worse, but it has! For the past couple of weeks, it's like she can't sleep at all. She wakes, nurses a bit, pulls off and rolls away and gets comfortable. 5-10 minutes later, she rolls. Then tosses. And turns. Then within a few more minutes is whining and crawling back to nurse. Over and over, all night long. It's like she wants to sleep but can't.

We cosleep, and I've been letting her nurse as much as she wants, with no help. Holding, rocking, nursing, even letting her sleep in my arms - she's still restless. She starts the night in her pack n play and sometimes has a good initial stretch of sleep, so I have attempted to keep her there (wondering if cosleeping is the problem!) but so far she won't sleep deeply enough to tolerate being put down. We have also tried ibuprofen when teething is bad, with no change.

The last few nights, I don't think either one of us dozed more than a few minutes. I am so exhausted I don't even know what day it is. She has deep red circles under her eyes. Any ideas about what on earth is going on, or how to "reset"?
#2 of 4 Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 PM

No idea but given that this has come on suddenly and is going on now for several days or several weeks I would call the dr. just to be on the safe side.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
#3 of 4 Old 01-04-2013, 12:16 AM

I'm wondering if it's a new food making her gassy? My guy, same age, was LOVING snacking on frozen blue erries until he began having sleep similar to what you are describing...I noticed he was gassy & made the connection (it wasn't totally obvious so it took a few days).

Another thought is,perhaps she is fighting a common virus?

It doesn't sound outside of the realm of normal to me...take shifts sleeping and hang in there! It will change.
#4 of 4 Old 01-04-2013, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Hillary77, your guess is all I can come up with too. The holidays certainly involved lots of new and rich foods for both of us. After doing some more research, my new mantra is "Please don't let it be chocolate, please don't let it be chocolate..."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page