Who's co slept with a queen size bed, newborn & 3 y.o? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-07-2013, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone out there have experience co sleeping with a newborn and a toddler in a QUEEN bed?? we just bought a new frame and our bedroom isn't very big so there is NO way our bed size or frame status is changing anytime soon. bedframe has siderails so arms reach seems a waste since it's then basically no different than a bassinet, whcih eliminates the entire co sleeping feel and purpose (ie, more sleep for me!).

#2 of 4 Old 01-07-2013, 05:59 PM

I have.  I was okay with it.  Often The Hubby would keep BuggaBoo on his side, but sometimes Doozer and BuggaBoo were side-by-side.  I curl around my newborns so they're in a "cage," I wasn't worried a bit about BuggaBoo rolling onto Doozer.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#3 of 4 Old 03-26-2013, 08:09 PM

If adults tend to sleep curled up, maybe turning bed sideways would help. We eventually broke down and got another bed, so we now have 2 queens side by side on the floor. The toddler and I are on one, and older son is in the other with dad. Very comfy for all this way!
#4 of 4 Old 03-27-2013, 06:21 AM

I'm sure we ended up with all these ages, and together in one bed.  I can't recall whether there was a 'best' way - but our older dd would sometimes end up across the bottom of the bed in a sleeping bag, or upside down near where dd2 was (so she had all that extra room on the bottom of the bed - again, in her sleeping bag or with just a special blanky).  We also have a mat for the floor for dd1 that we're happy to set up whenever if it's truly just too crowded - sometimes we'd move her to there once she fell asleep in bed with the rest of us (she is 6 now and dd2 3 so that can be crammed if me & dh are in bed too).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page