My 15 month old grand daughter - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would like to know what my daughter can do to get her daughter to sleep through the night. I have read some really good ideas and will suggest them to her but for whatever reason my grand daughter seems to be scared of something in the bedroom. We have tried a light and that didnt help and she is really late in getting her teeth in for now she only has 4 teeth through but like I said before we can get her to sleep but then she wakes up a couple of hrs later and then the fight is on to get her to go back in her bed. She will sleep in our arms but will wake up freaked out and back to holding her we go. Mom is running on no sleep here I dont know what to do to help my daughter can someone please help. Thank you.

#2 of 4 Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
15 months is still very young. Is co-sleeping an option? I have found it to be the best way to maximise everyone's sleep

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 AM

I spent a lot of time sleeping with my girl on my chest. It was a very rough time (teething, walking, talking, etc). I also reccomend simply sleeping with her while she goes through this rough patch. There were times I had to use a dose of infant Tylenol because she was in so much pain from the teething that she just couldn't relax and fall asleep. We didn't cosleep in our bed but I slept with her in her room when she really needed it. It wasn't ideal but broken sleep was better than no sleep.
#4 of 4 Old 03-02-2013, 02:34 PM

We had a tough time with teething also, Advil worked best for us. But for rough nights I totally would get DD to fall asleep and then lie down in the spare room with her so we could both get some sleep. For helping DD sleep through the night what made a big difference for us was getting her a small pillow. Not sure if that is safe at your age, DD was about 18 months or so. But for some reason the pillow got her really excited and she kept demanding to be put in her crib with her pillow to fall asleep rather than snooze in our arms. She still wakes once some nights at 2 y.o. but that is a whole world better than where we were before the pillow.

It's sort of a random thing, I know, and I tried various loveys before with no effect but I wanted to share in case someone out there can use it too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page