10 month old screaming at night with eyes closed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So last night was one of the scariest nights of my life. My 10 month old woke up around 2 am (went to bed at 9 pm) screaming. I rushed in thinking she just needed a bottle but that ended up not being the case. Gave her a bottle and she threw it back at me. I laid her down in her crib and she rolled back to her side (how she normally sleeps) and kept screaming. I rolled her back over and noticed her eyes where still closed. I picked her up again hoping she would look at me and calm down but still her eyes remained closed. Through this whole screaming fit, she never once opened her eyes and nothing I did would make her open them. Eventually I had to just give up because nothing I did would calm her down or even get her to open her eyes. I know with night terrors, they have their eyes wide open but could this be night terrors or just a nightmare I could not snap her out of. She did eventually stop crying, but I don't know what soothed her. Any suggestions on what might have happened or if I should just see her pedi? Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 10 month old that has been doing this for the last few nights at usually 2am. He will take a bottle but will only drink a few oz and then throw it down. I can pick him up and rock him and he will kinda go back to sleep but as soon as I lay him down he will kick and scream. I feel so helpless
#3 of 3 Old 03-12-2013, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
OP that sounds like the night terrors my son gets. He just lays there screaming in his sleep. The dr never really gave us a why or a what to do so usually I just pat his back when it happens. Unless that makes it worse then I pick him up and bounce slightly, like I did when he was younger.
It's terrible, and nerve wracking & I wish you luck!

treehugger.gif ~*~ caffix.gif ~*~ fambedsingle1.gif ~*~ babyboy.gif(02/12)~*~ reading.gif ~*~ ribbonorange.gif ~*~lurk.gif~*~ OCD ~*~ asl.gif

Single mom, 20 years old, Hippie& Happy, Love To Cook

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page