I get seperation anxiety! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DS is five and has always slept with us. He might fall asleep in his bed but he usually ends up in our bed.

If he doesn't end up in our bed before I go to sleep then I find it difficult to go to sleep and I worry about falling asleep without him so a lot of times I will go grab him other. Other times my SO just tells me to stop worrying and I will fall asleep but I always wake up. If for some reason I wake up and it's 5am and he isn't in my bed then I panic and run in his room to find him asleep.

Anyone else do this or am I just crazy? :)

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-29-2013, 12:05 AM

This makes me feel better - mine is only 2-1/2 but I have trouble getting to sleep sometimes when he isn't in bed with me. I usually end up staying awake until he comes to our bed (12-1ish). I don't think you are crazy!
#3 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 02:34 PM

My DD is 4 now and this has passed with her but having a 20 month son might help.  I can't sleep in a separate room from him.  I think we need to retrain ourselves.  I also put a baby gate at the top of the stairs to reassure myself that they can't go downstairs.  I could never live in a house where my kids were on one level and I slept on another level.

#4 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

me, absolutely.  My 6-year-old and 3-year-olds start the night in their room, (which is, literally, about 5 feet away from mine, i can see their beds from my bed!) but always end up in with me....and I love it :)  I totally panic when they sleep in there later than usual and I have to run in and check to see if they are breathing. 

And I have totally scooped them up out of bed and brought them in with me, just because :)

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#5 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 07:19 PM

I think I am a helicopter parent only when my kids are sleeping wink1.gif If my 2.5 yo doesn't come to our room by 3-4 am, I start worrying about him!!

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page