How to bedshare on the floor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This past few days I've been sleeping on the floor and putting my son in his crib in our room because my back has been hurting SO bad! When he wakes up and wants to come sleep with me I'd crawl back into bed and lay there in pain wishing we could both just sleep on the floor.

The problem is that the floor is hardwood and cold (for me it's still better than sleeping in bed!!)

What would you do or put down so a toddler could sleep on the floor too?

#2 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 PM

For a while before we got her her big girl bed, I put DD's crib mattress on the floor, then put some couch cushions next to it for me. I could still nurse her ok and cuddle her just fine. Maybe you could try his crib mattress for him, right beside you on the floor smile.gif
#3 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 01:08 PM

Beyond the previous suggestion, you could put a sleeping bag down, or a couple of blankets, and lay him on that. My son LOVES sleeping on hard floors. We don't sleep on anything but the hard floor. I'll sleep on a thin mattress every once in a while to give my body a change, but beyond that.. that's all we do.

#4 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll try those... I hope he doesn't think to wander away in the middle of the night lol

My other concern was if I put blankets or a sleeping bag down, will he be ok sleeping on loose blankets like that? He's just about to turn 1 so I imagine he's big enough now to not tangle himself?

#5 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 PM

My son's nearly 2; never has tried to wander off. IF he wakes up before I do, which is rare, he'll wake me up like a cat, lol. But if you're worried, maybe you could put a loud toy nearby that might trigger his interest and make you stir?

We never had an issue with our son getting tangled in blankets either.. we've all been sleeping on the floor pretty much since birth. I sleep in a sleeping bag to keep warmth to myself, because he moves around so much, and escapes any blankets I put over him. If you're worried about him tangling himself in what you cover up with, you could do it like that. :)

swede likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page