cosleeping with an 19 month old and newborn - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-12-2013, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone kept their 19 month old and newborn in bed with you? How was the lay out? Right now daddy's on one side of the bed and me and our 11 month old turn back and forth (she cuddles on my arm most of the night) so sometimes she's in the middle, sometimes she's on the outside.

I know I'll be night weaning her, but we're debating if she'll stay in bed with us, move to a toddler bed next to us, or move to her room. 

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFdelayedvax.gifcrochetsmilie.gif               luxlove.gif Happily married 06/2013 love.gif       bouncy.gif DD1 (S) 04/2012  waterbirth.jpg

candle.gif missed mc 04/2013 at 9 weeks candle.gif              stork-suprise.gif Due 09/2014 belly.gif

#2 of 3 Old 04-15-2013, 02:00 PM

I'm following this too...no answer here, just curious about others'experiences. I have an 18 month old Co-sleeper right now who will be 22 months when DD is born, and I'm anxious about the sleep situation, since DS still nurses to sleep at all naps and bedtimes. We definitely will not be doing CIO, but No-Cry Sleep Solution never worked for us, so I'm excited to hear other tips that have worked for people.
#3 of 3 Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 AM

We used a side co-sleeper when DS came along, which REALLY saved space when DD would join us in bed. At 19-months I would work on transitioning to their own bed, even if it's in your room. Since newborns wake up so often, it might wake up your older one in the middle of the night... no one wants a cranky toddler and infant at 3am! 

K, wifey to M, PROUD SAH-mama to Catherine Grace
Had a dreamy VBAC waterbirth.jpg to handsome John Gabriel
Crazy about femalesling.GIF  cd.gif familybed2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page