Help Get Me Out of HIS Crib - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-16-2013, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Our routine is nurse, rock for one round of twinkle little star (which he usually fusses or moves alot), then lay him in the crib, I get in the crib(yes we have reinforced it :)) and lay next to him and sing one song.  Then he will either stand up and play which usually results in me getting him down and he cries then falls asleep, or he if he's at a good place he will fall asleep peacefully.  I have tried getting out of the crib when he's being mean and scratching me, or playing too much, and laying in my bed right next to his, but he gets really upset and I end up getting back in.

My question is what step is next so that I can put him down in the crib without me getting in? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 04-18-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

bump

#3 of 8 Old 04-18-2013, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I was hoping you would get more responses so I could lurk and read them!  I don't have any great ideas but I do have questions . . . maybe your answers will help get a response?

How old is your little one?

Have you always put him to sleep in his crib or is this a change of routine/location?

Do you have this issue for naps or just in the evening?

If it's evening, what time do you start your bedtime routine . . . and if he's older and eating solids, how long ago was the evening meal?

Hugs  : )

#4 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrmEmbar View Post

I was hoping you would get more responses so I could lurk and read them!  I don't have any great ideas but I do have questions . . . maybe your answers will help get a response?

How old is your little one?

Have you always put him to sleep in his crib or is this a change of routine/location?

Do you have this issue for naps or just in the evening?

If it's evening, what time do you start your bedtime routine . . . and if he's older and eating solids, how long ago was the evening meal?

Hugs  : )

Thank you!

He is 13 months old

Most of the time he has been put to sleep by rocking, although he has fallen asleep nursing at times.

I started this about 3 weeks ago, and do it for naps and bedtime.  Middle of the night he nurses, then I lay him on my bed, change his diaper and he's usually out when I put him back in his crib.  Or he will get rocked back to sleep.

Bedtime is anywhere from 8-10pm ( I know we need help here, not sure what time to put him down).  We started solids at 11 months, he is still breastfed.  Solids are mostly chicken, turkey, broccoli, potatoes, green beans, butternut squash, egg yolks, and what we started with=chicken stock.

Evening meal is usually 1 hour before bed and nursing just before bedtime.

THANKS!!

#5 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is co- sleeping not an option? It seems he just is having a hard time falling asleep. Can you lay with him in your bed till he falls deeply asleep then move him? I am STILL laying with my almost 5 year old and my 2.5 year old for an average of 30 minutes a night, so I may not be a good example of successful bedtime.... but it works for us and I love snuggling with them.

Good luck.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#6 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 04:36 PM

And I should add that I cosleep with my 2 younger ones and dd1 sleeps in a twin in our room..... she was cosleeping until 3 months ago, right before ds was born. We are just a cosleeping family. Everyone likes it.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#7 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

We cosleep with our 6 year old, well she alternates between my husbands bed and mine ( he snores).  My son will crawl off the bed while I'm sleeping and doesn't sleep well with me, so he's in a crib next to mine.  My hope was that by him falling asleep in his crib he would wake less at night which has mostly happened, but I worry about us breaking the crib.  Our master plan (if my husband will loose weight and stop snoring) is for my kids to sleep together in my daughters queen bed and hubby and I to sleep together.  But odds are slim of that happening.

#8 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 04:57 PM

When dd1 was crawling off the bed I would make a little bed on the ground that I would lay down with her there and then move her to our bed when we were ready to sleep. Perhaps do a floor bed then transfer to the crib? No way any of my kids could fall asleep without me or dh laying with them (dd1 can now, but not until recently). Wish I had something else to offer.

Tags
Toddlers , Bedtime , Sleep

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page