Transitioning from bed sharing to co-sleeper help. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-21-2013, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 2 month old wonderful daughter who is currently sleeping with me in our bed. DH has been sleeping in the guest room since she was born because he doesn't sleep well with her in our bed. We also have an AR side-carred to the bed, but she really won't sleep in it for more than about 20 minutes. We're really OK with the separate rooms for now, but my in-laws are coming into town in a couple of weeks, which means that DH will finally be moving back into our room. And honestly I hope he'll stay. 

So, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestion on getting my DD to sleep in the AR more. We're OK with doing some bedsharing (I keep her on my side between the AR and me), but I would like some more bed space as well as it's going to get pretty cosy in there once DH comes back. I started swaddling her again this week, which she likes sometimes, but other times (colicky times) it just seems to tick her off. We've done a nap with her swaddled, but I'm not sure if I should try a full night. 

Hope that makes sense. I'm also tying this in a sleep-deprived state as DD has been up often to latch on during the night.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-23-2013, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there, our kids sound very similar! The first few months were very tough for us as well. In fact, my son sort if fussed until he could move by himself.

Embracing bed sharing (as like you, my son woke constantly when in the co-sleeper crib) was the best decision for us as we all got most sleep that way. My husband did end up in the spare room though. After a few months we brought a low single bed (he same height as our bed) into the room and put the two beds together and made the gap between the beds safe. My husband gets a good nights sleep in the single bed and it's nice to have him close to cuddle when possible,

Although my son isn't ready yet: you should find authors like Elizabeth Pantly, Dr Jay Gordon, and Dr. Sears helpful.

Best of luck! I promise it does get easier, a tiny bit more every month! You won't know yourself this time next year! :-D

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page