8 month old waking every hour! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-07-2013, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My LO is a week shy of being 8 months. We have a sidecar crib attached to our bed to allow her to co sleep with us. She is BF but we started solids around 6 months and she is now eating at least 3 "meals" a day and sometimes some snacks.

I don't think we ever recovered from the 4 month sleep regression. It seems like it has just gotten worse ever since that stage. And I am a very sleepy mom. My DH and I decided that we would start by putting her on a 3 hr time limit that she has to sleep when she goes to bed at night. This started 2 weeks ago. I feed her on both sides and then we both go to sleep around 7:30pm (I wish I could just put her down & not go to sleep myself, but we won't go there :)). Some nights she can make it to the 3 hours other nights I have to comfort her while she is crying to get her to go back to sleep. She will only cry for a min. or so. After 3 hours She will BF and go back to sleep for 1-2 hours.  Then. after that she wakes up every hour or 30/45 min  to BF until 6ish when we get up. She also refuses to sleep in her sidecar anymore and will only sleep next to me. I was okay with this a first but not only am I not sleeping because she is waking so much but I am also uncomfortable because she is kicking me or taking up all the room. We have had random nights were she will sleep 3 hour stretches all night, or even 5/6 hr stretches but those are very few. Whenever that happens I try to think back what was different that day but I cannot pinpoint anything!

I have read the no cry sleep solution and tried everything in there. I am not interested in CIO and I really don't want to give up co sleeping but I have entertained the idea of putting her to sleep in the crib in her room one night and seeing what happens? I know there is a 8 month sleep regression but this waking up every hr has been going on for a month now. I also want to add that she is getting enough BM during the day and she has not learned anything new that would be keeping her up.

We started a week ago putting her down for her naps by herself in her crib in her room. I use to lay down with her during most of her naps and nap myself. I now want the freedom to do housework while she is napping so that is what her naps are changing.

Please Help!! :) 

#2 of 2 Old 05-07-2013, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

That totally sucks mama! Sorry and hugs to you. You may want to post in "life with a babe"  http://www.mothering.com/community/f/32/life-with-a-babe

alos to get more responses because I know there are folks out there that can advice.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page