Sleeping logistics for new baby and 3 year old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-08-2013, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My first post here! We are expecting DD end of June, when DS will be 3. DS was a classic nurse-all-night can't sleep without a warm body next to him baby and coslept with us constantly until just past age 2. Now he starts the night in his toddler bed but comes into our room sometime in the early hours and finishes the night in our bed. He is usually in the middle but does flip sides to nurse, so ends up on the outside as well.

We have a queen size bed and it's pretty tight with the three of us, so I am trying to figure out how to fit all four of us safely. Our bedroom is not large enough to put another mattress next to our bed. I considered an arm's reach but we have a low ikea bed with slats and it sounds like the arm's reach only works with box springs and regular bed heights. I have a bassinet from DS but he hated it --- he needed the contact with me and he ended up in bed anyway. At one point with DD we did a side car with his crib, but given the size of the room it was awkward. I also have a pack n play with bassinet that is an option, but again big. I have considers buying the arm's reach mini Euro but am not totally sure it will work with our bed and hate to buy one more sleeping contraption that we don't use.

Any suggestions for a solution? I'd like something that attached to the bed in order to alleviate my fear of either little one rolling off, and that was not so big that it takes up a big chunk of the room! Thanks.
#2 of 2 Old 05-08-2013, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2.5 yo who sleeps in his room until 3ish am, a 5 mo who sleeps with me, and a husband who has violent waking dreams smile.gif We have a queen bed and a sidecarred crib for the boys and I and a twin mattress on the floor/ guest room bed for DH . Nobody sleeps in the crib, it's basically there to make the bed bigger so I don't have to worry about my older son rolling off.

We night weaned DS1 before DS2 came and I'm very glad we did. Doubt I could handle two nursers all night! Could you add another mattress to the room for your DH or DS to sleep on?

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

Tags
Cosleeping , Co Sleeping With Multiple Kids , Family Bed

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page