Co-sleeping on the road: How do you handle hotels? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-15-2013, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't think I ever travelled when I had a tiny baby, but with a toddler or young child, I'd put pillows behind them in the bed so they hopefully wouldn't fall out, but it worried me all night. And the pillows would pose a suffocation risk with a tiny baby. What do you do as far as co-sleeping goes in hotels when you're traveling?
#2 of 4 Old 05-15-2013, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
We never travelled with newborns but they just sleep in the middle of the bed like at home. The only difference is that I don't swap sides to sleep. I'll swap to feed but then move back so I'm on the outside of the bed again.

One thing we did do when J was older and more mobile was request a cot. I'd take the mattress out, put it on the floor and feed her to sleep there. Then, when I went to bed I'd move her in with us.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 4 Old 05-15-2013, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Same thing I do at home, which is to sleep with an arm over their waist to keep them from falling. If the bed was high I'd be a lot closer to the middle than we normally are.

One thing I have not liked about my hospital births is the beds! Thin, high off the ground, and not very firm at all. I could hardly sleep after my last one because I was paranoid about dropping her off the side or getting caught in the bedding. Couldn't wait to get home to my own bed.

#4 of 4 Old 05-15-2013, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We've only done one hotel... we had moved all our furniture out of the house, so just checked into a hotel for the night.  Baby slept in the middle just fine.

--Breastfeeding----2nd grade Teaching----Cosleeping----Cloth Diapering -- --Bookworm Mom

Tags
Co Sleeping And The Family Bed , Travel

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page