I think my once night weaned LO is getting her molars... Back to night time feedings? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-15-2013, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I used Jay Gordon's night weaning method when DD was 13 months and everything was surprisingly easy and up until about a week ago I could count on her mostly sleeping through her 7 hour window, or at least being easily soothed back to sleep with a snuggle.  Cut to the last week and she has been up A LOT and a bit more challenging to get back to sleep.  She often has a finger stuck in her mouth all day and I feel she may be getting molars. To save the sanity of DH and I, should I revert back to night feeds? Once these teeth do pop through, I'm not looking forward to the idea of re-weaning a nearly 16 month old strong willed toddler... Any BTDT experience?

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-15-2013, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My thought has always been do what works to get the most sleep possible. That meant night weaning happened much later, around 18 months and I let her nurse when she was teething or ill. It was fairly sporadic and she didn't need to nurse all night every night while teething but if I had trouble getting her back down then I'd let her. I treated it on a by-waking basis and made my decision based on how much she seemed to need it. Mind you I didnt follow any plan to nightwean so i dont know if that would have changed my stance. I discouraged night nursing but throughout the weaning processi gave in when she seemed to need it more.
#3 of 4 Old 05-17-2013, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks skycheat, always so reasonable! Wouldn't you know she has been sleeping pretty well the last few nights...

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#4 of 4 Old 05-17-2013, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You just made my day! "Reasonable" is not a word I identify with right now: 30 weeks pregnant and super emotional wink1.gif

Eta: that's great that she's been sleeping better. I find every time I post here about sleep issues, they start to magically resolve themselves lol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page