What are "sleep regressions"? Is bedsharing causing my baby to wake often? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My now 7 month old stopped sleeping throught the night at about 4 and 3/4 months old.  It has gotten to the point where she is up every hour some nights, usually wanting to nurse, sometimes just needing a snuggle.  My exaustion is started to have negative effects on my daily life.  Is this sleeplessness normal?  What do I do?  Would putting her in her crib next to my bed help her sleep better?  Any experience with this???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2013, 08:53 AM

Is she a light sleeper? Perhaps she is doing some growing and it is waking her?  I have one that was like this and we did end up putting a co sleeper next to our bed, and it was a huge help. 

*~Kelly~*
 Waldorf Mom to 9 blessings ~6 by birth and 3 by fost/adopt~

Old 06-05-2013, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I am going to try putting her in her crib right next to my bed tonight.  I hope it will help!

Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 AM

I was in the same boat just a week ago. My dd slept fine until she neared four months. Her sleep regression lasted a few weeks. I have read other places and also had a hunch of my own that some babies reach a point where they sleep better on their own. My lo is still waking up every two two and a half hours to nurse or just get a snuggle to go back to sleep. Somenights I sneak out to spend time with dh and I swear she sleeps better when im not in the room. I think somenights when her teeth are botheing he she enjoys the closeness but others I get the feeling she may want her space...maybe mommy being too close stimulates he. I have never not slept with her and feel like I have no idea how to create a new routine at bedtime. She can't self soothe yet and I'm with dr sears in that I enjoy parenting her to sleep. We are sidecar ing our crib shortly but it still may be too close for her comfort on those nights like I said.

Tags
Cosleeping , Co Sleeping And The Family Bed , Sleep Sharing Configurations
User Tag List