where does/did your cosleeping babe nap? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-10-2013, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a 8 month old who cosleeps with us. She isnt every good at napping, which got me thinking. Where do most people have there cosleeping babe nap? We put her in the crib in her room and she will nap for 20-30 min at a time and that is a big improvement! If she naps in the family bed she will sleep around a hr. So where did your babies nap and why?
#2 of 10 Old 06-11-2013, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Family bed for both kids (aside from the occasional carseat or stroller). We had a cradle for DS's first few months, but he didn't sleep there much or for very long. I lie with kids until they are asleep, then get up. They typically nap 1 hour at 22 months and 4.75, sometimes longer.
#3 of 10 Old 06-11-2013, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
At 8 months my son usually napped on me, in the sling or carrier. We did try other arrangements but the baby wearing worked out best for him at that age. At 13 months I transitioned him to napping on our bed with me.
#4 of 10 Old 06-11-2013, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
DD1 - in bed or in the carrier
DD2 - in bed or in the carrier and I've just discovered that, if she falls asleep in the car, I can transfer her to the pram and she'll stay asleep. So, sometimes the pram.

The reasons are practicality and because we don't have a cot.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#5 of 10 Old 06-11-2013, 12:43 PM

In the sling, in my bed (I get him down for a nap and then sneak away) or on the couch.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#6 of 10 Old 06-11-2013, 01:31 PM

Family bed and then I hang out nearby or sometimes nap too!
#7 of 10 Old 06-11-2013, 01:51 PM

Usually in the family bed. Or the stroller.

By 8 months he wouldn't fall asleep in a carrier unless he was way too overtired.

#8 of 10 Old 06-11-2013, 02:42 PM

One liked to sleep on a blanket on the floor near me, so I'd take that as an opportunity to read a book.

The other liked to sleep in bed, and I hooked up a baby monitor so I'd hear if she woke up, and then I'd run in before she started crawling around.
#9 of 10 Old 06-12-2013, 05:14 AM

Family bed, I can sneak away for the first hour or so, then he wakes and I go lie down with him. He is now two and I have to lie down with him everyday. While I usually need a nap myself, I don't like having to and wish I had not gotten into this habit. So hard to break!
#10 of 10 Old 06-12-2013, 07:49 AM

My DS needed to be held and nursed in order to nap for many months. After that I moved him to napping in our bed and nursing. I really didn't feel safe walking away though. I transitioned him to napping in his crib. He also starts his night in the crib and then comes to bed with me when I am ready to call it a night. It was a challenge getting him to sleep in his crib at all but it was so worth it. I actually pulled the mattress out of the crib and put it on the floor. We played and snuggled and nursed on it. He napped a few times on it while I laid next to him. It was the only thing that helped him feel better in the crib. I also had a flannel blanket that he slept on top of in our bed that I would put him on in the crib the next day. I know it isn't advised but I was careful and checked on him often. Hope that helps.

Tags
Cosleeping , Co Sleeping And The Family Bed

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page