need advice cosleeping mommas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-24-2013, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So here is the backstory. I've coslept with my dd since she was born. Its been fabulous until recently. I've been noticing that she actually sleeps more peacefully when I'm not in the bed. Some nights, especially when her teeth are bothering she sleeps better snuggled close. But others I feel she needs her space.

We have a crib we are about to sidecar and give that a try first. She'll still be pretty close but if it that doesn't seem to work I will try the crib at the other end of the room (we have a super small bedroom and it'll literally be right next to the bed still).

What I worry about her in her own crib is this:

She doesnt cry when she wakes, needs a change or feeding. Shell starr to squirm when shes wet and she grabs my face when shes woken herself and I just know when she needs to feed

ShShe's getting better at self soothing but somenights she just cant get herself back to sleep without my help. I am worried I wont hear her subtle cues and once shes awake she just starts playing with her feet and its super hard to get her back to sleep them.

Any advice? ?!!
#2 of 2 Old 06-24-2013, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just a super quick question first: how old is she?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page