Mothering Forum banner

Safe cosleeping once baby's on the move

714 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  beadradical 
#1 ·
This must come up all the time, but I haven't found anything useful...

I co-sleep with my 7 month old, & have since she was born. Its great & we both do well with it, but now she can crawl.

In the evening, I often nurse her to sleep & then get up to finish up my day. I pile pillows up around her & have a baby monitor, but these buy me very little time if she wakes up & gets her crawl on. In the morning, I get up to get ready for work while DH hops in bed with the baby. She has to really try to wake him up.

So my question is, how do you keep a mobile baby safe in bed?

#2 ·
If the bed is not on the floor, now would be a good time to move it there. Show your little one often how to get off the bed on their own. Mine wasn't able to get off the bed until about a year but maybe yours will pick it up faster... Also maybe stack a bunch of pillows around the bed once it's in the floor for the inevitable tumble off. It won't take long for your babe to figure out falling off sucks, so wait until mommy can come and take me off.
smile.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.