If you coslept, at what age did u move child to own room? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-08-2013, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Just wondering what ages people have moved their kid to their own room if they co slept when they were a baby/toddler. Our 3 yr old still sleeps in our room and we are still okay with it. But dh and I are wanting to move him eventually to his own room. I forsee at least one more year- maybe? of him being in our room-- not sure. I am going to trust my instinct and our family dynamic and all of our needs, as things evolve. But I am trying to get a feel from others who have done it as to what ages you transitioned the childto their own room, and how that went for you and the,?

#2 of 4 Old 07-08-2013, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Well, all my kids are in our room still, but dd1 is in her own bed in our room.  we planned on moving the 2 girls around now, to a shared bed in another room, but DD2 really needs to be near still and DD1 can fall asleep in her own bed, but really likes to be close too.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#3 of 4 Old 07-08-2013, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We cosleep with both kids. DH and DS (5) are on one queen mattress beside me and DD (2) on another queen mattress.

DS (5) has always been the high needs/spirited type who has never fallen asleep without a parent next to him (unless in car). DD is similar, but shows far more independence at 2 than her brothers if at that age. I suspect they'll transition into sibling bed in about a year, though likely still in the same room with mattresses as they are now. We're just playing it by ear with no distinct plans or expectations.

Sleeping with the kids near us is fine, though I do grow tired of night nursing during sick/teething times of high nursing demands.
#4 of 4 Old 07-08-2013, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Around three.  However, we have an open bed policy, and both kids end up in our queen by the time the sun rises.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page