Cosleeping 3 month old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-30-2013, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have tips on how to transition a 3 month old from bedsharing to sleeping in an Arms Reach cosleeper?

My 3 month old wont sleep unless she's being held, but I don't sleep well with her in bed with us, and after 3 months of not sleeping, I am exhausted and feeling desperate.

We are ebf and she wakes up 2-3x a night to nurse. After each breastfeeding session I gently place babe into the cosleeper, where she wakes up immediately or after a few minutes. I then nurse her to sleep again and start the process over, until I am crying out of exhaustion and give up and put her in bed with me, because half sleep is better than no sleep.

Please help! I want her in that cosleeper so bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#2 of 4 Old 07-30-2013, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

I'm sorry mama,been there. Two years later ds is still in beed with us. We too had a brand new Arm's Reach Cosleeper and around 3 months he refused and continued to refuse. Things did get better though so hugs to you. It is not easy. At 19 months I ended up night weaning and he started to sleep through the night.

I just wanted to send you a hug and a "I understand" message.

#3 of 4 Old 08-02-2013, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have you tried swaddling? And I know this breaks safety rules but tummy sleeping worked with both mine... I'm a light sleeper and my babies were big strong frequent waking nursing babies so I felt comfortable breaking this rule. :-/
#4 of 4 Old 08-05-2013, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had this probkem with my little one. I would kneel on the bed and sort of hunch over the co-sleeper to nurse while she was in it. This was difficult but it worked for a little while. She eventually rejected the co-sleeper all together and has been in bed with us ever since. I slept with our first daughter so I am comfortable with a family bed. I was really only nervous in the early months because I was so exhausted. It gets easier...ish.
Backroads likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page