6-month-old suddenly not sleeping well - Mothering Forums
Co-sleeping and the Family Bed > 6-month-old suddenly not sleeping well
ISISandOSIRIS's Avatar ISISandOSIRIS 05:26 AM 08-15-2013
Hello mamas,
My 6 1/2 month old son cosleeps with me and my husband and it's been going well. Until now. He had always woken 2-3 times a night to nurse, but quickly fell back asleep. I'd barely notice we both woke up. I never really sweated the sttn thing because he was very low-maintenance at night. We've even been through 2 teeth, so far. He was fussier and cried more, but not too big a deal. One or two sleepiness nights tops. This is different.

My son is now waking every 2-3 hours and wakes up unhappy. He is difficult to soothe. No longer will he nurse and fall back to sleep. He nurses and then begins to flail, roll, kick, squirm, fidget, and cry for awhile before finally falling back asleep. Everyone is now exhausted. This has been going on for about a week+. What's going on here?! I'd be happy to answer any questions if you need more info. What should I try? Just ride it out? Help!!!

jtapc90's Avatar jtapc90 09:25 AM 08-15-2013

My son got like that when he had an ear infection. Maybe he is getting teeth again and they are just bothering him more this time? He isn't congested or anything right? Any new foods that could be causing a belly ache? It could also be that he is about to acheive a new milestone. 

Up