Baby + Toddler Naptime Woes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-12-2013, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 2.5 year old needs one nap midway through the day and my 13 mo old still thrives with two naps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. He no longer falls asleep easily in a carrier, so that is out. While my toddler will usually play alone just fine while I nurse the baby down, the baby is hyper when getting big brother down and wants my attention and to play with his brother who is trying to fall sleep. Big brother gets hysterical if I am not in the room while he's drifting off. We've tried to gently wean him from this need, but he's just not ready. OK, actually he went through a period of accepting it, but then reverted back after a summer vacation almost a month ago. We pretty easily got him to accept it before and now he is STRONGLY opposed to us leaving, even with the door open and checking in on him.  Baby nurses so quickly now that just nursing him quietly in the room is out. It has been taking an hour + of frustration for all three of us until he finally drifts off. Ideas? Hugs?

http://moregreenforlessgreen.blogspot.com/

Living more eco-friendly for less money

Success after loss and infertility! Joyful mom to two boys (1/11 and 8/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can the 2.5 year old hold out for his nap until the 13 mo takes his afternoon nap? I'm sorry. That sounds very frustrating!

User Tag List