Don't want to night wean... But don't want to wake and nurse every 45 mins... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-09-2014, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. I feel like I'm in a rut over here. My 12 month old dd is too busy learning and playing during the day to nurse. This is not such a bad thing because I'm going back to work ft in a week and dd refuses to have bm other than from my boob (ive tried everything). Well here is my problem, she needs bm because she is only 12mnths so it's too early to night wean but this means that she wakes up every 45mins or so to nurse and pacify... And I'M a zombie...And I'm about to go back to work and I'm scared!
I feel like it would be to much to follow dr jay gordons rules and maybe only nurse from say 8 to 11 and then in the morning? But not tapper off, just keep this pattern? (We Co sleep) has anyone had success with this set up? Then maybe I could comfort her another way to bed from midnight to morning (but she will be so angry greensad.gif
#2 of 4 Old 01-10-2014, 11:21 PM

Hi,

I had the same issue with my third one around 11/12 mo and my solution was to pump some bm and add some organic rice flour through that and give that around 7pm. Then nurse like regular around midnight/1pm (when I would go to bed) and it was better that way as we would sleep at least 4/5 hrs. Still this one is the one who eats the most.

I was exhausted and hated pumping and adding rice flour but it gave me a change to sleep some more and not go crazy (bad for your brain to wake up that often every single night!!!)

Good luck

elise

cynthia mosher likes this.
#3 of 4 Old 01-10-2014, 11:53 PM

It was a little later than this with DS1 that I set up a little barrier between us in the bed (I can't remember what it was now).  I noticed that if he accidentally rolled over and I was there he would actively seek out my breast, all while asleep.  But if I wasn't in groping range he would roll back over and fall asleep.  It didn't work through the whole night, but it bought me a couple of extra hours every night before he would breech the barricade and come snuggle me (and nurse, of course).

cynthia mosher likes this.
#4 of 4 Old 01-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Once I got my DD to sleep with her last nuring of the night I traded places with my husband. She'd wake up and be see him then look the other way and not see me and then just snuggle back to sleep next to him. It worked out pretty well for us most of the time. :love 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page