Mothering Forum banner

11-month-old helicopter in my bed! -- any suggestions?

885 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  nofrillsmamma 
#1 ·
Over the past month or two, dd has begun turning around (like a helicopter) in our large bed. Often she ends up with her feet in my ribs...kicking at me. The first time it was funny, bit only the first time!

What has worked for you in this situation? Is there a way to keep her more parallel to me?

We have a queen-size bed, and it's usually just me and her in it. Her daddy has his own bed in another room!

sent using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Depending on how young and small she is, have you considered using a co-sleeper that she would be in by the bed right next to you? Also, breastfeeding in bed could help her stay relatively parallel to you, but again that depends on how young and small she is.

#5 ·
I'd put a body pillow between us or as a PP said try a co-sleeper. And talk to her about it...."when you kick mommy in the middle of the night it hurts and wakes me up and I need to sleep so I can be happy in the morning. If it happens again tonight I'll put a pillow between us to protect me but I'll still be right here for you, etc etc"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.