1.5 yo bed sharer working parents morning routine - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2014, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We share our bed w. DD 1.5 yo almost walking w/o help. But can roll out of bed n probably hurt herself if we r not in room to watch. We both work out of the home n need to get ready abt same time. What suggestions do u have to help keep her safe. I'm thinking that maybe it's time to "transition" her to her crib/ room for safety reasons all night.
She does not like to b alone. She will cry if we left her there alone to go get dressed. I couldn't leave for work with that on my heart. Even when I was home n put her in her crib for naps I had to wait until she fell asleep before I left the room. This was for safety as I had to get some things done I wasn't able to do with her in my carrier. Plus she likes to touch/ play with my n DH ears to fall asleep.
Yes we do have a monitor n use it, but sometimes this still is a challenge when we both r getting dressed. So far (2 days) we've worked it out w/ ea other but just want 2 b prepared w/ ideas in the event we both need to b indisposed redface.gif

Side note: I'm grateful to have an opportunity to work bc of financial obligations, but I'm praying n will b living on a budget so that I can b a SAHM as soon as possible. Conflicted abt going bk to work with my LO in DC praying.gif

winner.jpg:Peace:momsling:fambed21:cd: :angel2.gif twin, her brother-Kai, 10.12.13.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
We have our bed on a platform frame which is practically on the floor. You could also get those soft rails for the bed. Sometimes you can find them on craigslist. Hope you can say at home full time soon. That's the way to think mama!
Best

User Tag List