How to stop wearing 12 mo old for naps? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-08-2014, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

My just turned one year old is worn in the Beco for both of her naps. Sleeps great in it -- two 90 min naps per day. My husband is a SAHD and therefore does the naps. When I'm home sometimes she will doze off nursing and I can set her in the crib, but inevitably she wakes within 30 min.
At night I nurse her to sleep then put her in the crib.
Naps work well in the Beco now, but at 12 months old she's obviously getting bigger. Did any of you have a baby this old that was worn for naps? How and when did they ever stop?
#2 of 3 Old 04-09-2014, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DS2 naps a lot in an Ergo. It's not intentional on my part, but if he's in there long enough, he tends to pass out regardless of whether or not it's nap time. On really busy days, I take advantage of this tendency, but he will nap elsewhere.
#3 of 3 Old 04-09-2014, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

If it's the snugness & movement you could try a stroller nap or a swing if you have one. Talk to her about the transition to another nap method. 

I sit for my friend's 16 mon old and he loves to nap in his stroller. In the morning when it's still cool out i bundle him in a down throw and before I can even get 2 blocks away he's out cold. I leave him in the stroller on my front porch and he sleeps 1-2 hours. 
Something that can help make a transfer more easy is to use something like the montessori topponcino basically a covered thin foam pad that baby lays in while in arms so that when you go to lay her down the temp, texture, smell don't change so it's easier for them to stay alseep. 

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page