baby center babies vs some of our babies? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 06-29-2004, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really enjoyed reading this thread and I am now up WAY past bed time. I am sitting here looking at my beautiful DD sleeping in the bouncy chair where she often stays until we go down for the night. I love co-sleeping and wouldn't change it for the world. Even the sleepy night feedings and the leaky diaper that soaked our mattress last night. I wonder how my boob gets out in the night and love waking up to her cute little snurfiling for nursy noises.

DD wakes twice (usually) to nurse and is a velcro sleeper. Normally, she doesn't really wake up just to nurse quickly and drift back off. I tell people she sleeps through the night because, to me, this doesn't really count. Neither of us "wake up" and I am still under the covers!

I no longer post at babycenter because I got so fed up with all the CIO, FF mom's. My board seemed to have a lot of issues from the beginning. But, the PP about never knowing who you will effect is right, I discovered AP from a thread at babycenter. I was hooked right away and we haven't looked back. Maybe it's time to tip toe back and see what's going on with all those moms....

Happy sleeping to you all, how ever it comes!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#62 of 65 Old 06-29-2004, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery
I no longer post at babycenter because I got so fed up with all the CIO, FF mom's.

same here... I am also too sensitive to hear stories of mothers that want to sleep train, CIO, ff'ing by choice, etc.. I feel so bad for the babies that it makes me upset IRL and it affects me, so I don't go there anymore.
#63 of 65 Old 06-29-2004, 01:27 AM

I just skimmed the posts (so many!) so I will just add my brief 2cents. Dh and I decided early on that two things are happening : 1) parents lie, and 2) parents aren't really aware of their own children. A sad story that helped solidfy that comes from when I spent a few nights with a friend who had an 11 month old and I had a 9 month old. Ds woke up a lot (esp. being in a different place) and as I was up nursing I would always hear my friends little one crying upstairs. I waited and waited for her to do something. She never did. I actually fell asleep and woke again to hear him banging his crib against the wall. As soon as I went to get him he was happy. I just took him in with us. The next night, same thing! I asked my friend about it and she said "I never hear him." She had been telling me from very early on how he slept through the night. Well, in her huge house she could not hear him in his room even banging the crib on the wall! Ok. Long vent here, but it really made me think about what everyone else says in this competition to have the best sleeper, smartest, earliest weaner, tallest, earliest walker, etc.
#64 of 65 Old 06-30-2004, 11:20 PM

Our dd sleeps in a bassinet in our bedroom (the bassinet portion of a packnplay, so its quite roomy for her) and her nighttime varies so much. Sometimes she does sleep for 7-8 hours at a time. Sometimes she sleeps for 4 hours, wakes for about 2, then sleeps 5 more.

She rarely falls asleep before 10, but usually before 1 am. When/if she wakes, I nurse her, change her (if she falls back asleep nursing which has happened a few times now) and then we play quietly until she acts tired and then I either walk with her until she falls back to sleep, or try nursing her back to sleep.
Does that make any sense at all?

We did the family bed for a few months, but it was not working for us, in many regards. Having her in the bass. in our room is perfect. In fact, I dont think she will be in her crib or in her own room for a long time, yet. (still working on DH about this)

I know I am lucky because she doesnt wake every few hours all night long, but if she did, I would be getting up with her. Like when she is in a growth spurt...
#65 of 65 Old 06-30-2004, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nankilicious
Our dd sleeps in a bassinet in our bedroom (the bassinet portion of a packnplay, so its quite roomy for her) and her nighttime varies so much. Sometimes she does sleep for 7-8 hours at a time. Sometimes she sleeps for 4 hours, wakes for about 2, then sleeps 5 more.

She rarely falls asleep before 10, but usually before 1 am. When/if she wakes, I nurse her, change her (if she falls back asleep nursing which has happened a few times now) and then we play quietly until she acts tired and then I either walk with her until she falls back to sleep, or try nursing her back to sleep.
Does that make any sense at all?

We did the family bed for a few months, but it was not working for us, in many regards. Having her in the bass. in our room is perfect. In fact, I dont think she will be in her crib or in her own room for a long time, yet. (still working on DH about this)

I know I am lucky because she doesnt wake every few hours all night long, but if she did, I would be getting up with her. Like when she is in a growth spurt...
That makes complete sense and sounds just like how it went with my ds! As I read that I felt like I could have been writing it. He is now 3 and sleeps in a twin bed next to ours. He actually did move to a crib in his own room for awhile and was quite happy. (We never forced it, but he would practially dive into it and go right to sleep.) When he stopped wanting to do that he moved into our room. We will just see how it goes from here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page