Mothering Forum banner

How to get a 2 year old to actually fall asleep

721 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Twinthing 
#1 ·
My 27 month old ds is not a good sleeper. He has never slept through the night. But until recently, he was pretty good about falling asleep. We have a good, consistent bedtime routine, and he is happy with it. Until we turn out the light. After we nurse, I just lie next to him until he falls asleep, but lately it is taking up to 1 hour! I have tried later bed times, in case he isn't tired, but it doesn't make a difference. I don't think he is not sleep because he isn't tired, but because life has too much to offer - why sleep?

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas? Do I need to leave the room, or sit in a chair next to him? When I have tried this, he freaks out.

#2 ·
I'm really sorry that I don't have any ideas for you (my sons aren't there yet...) but wanted to say hello to another Cambridge person! Hi - you are the first one (maybe only other one) I have spotted here. Isn't the place look beautiful at the moment - lovely sunny days!

Hope you get some useful advice...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.