My DD has regressed in the sleep department - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-14-2004, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sleep deprived and don't know what to do!

My DD was the perfect sleeper for so long, then within the last month she's become the WORST sleeper. She does not have teeth yet and I wonder if this could be why she's waking every 2 hours crying. She used to go to bed at 7PM, wake up at 4 to nurse until 6-7. Not now. She's up every 2 hours! I'm at my wits end and I'm tempted to put her in her crib to see if we'll get more sleep...ALL OF US! I am reading NCSS now, but I don't see how that book is going to help me.

Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks, Mamas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-14-2004, 01:11 PM

It could definitely be teeth. DD1 started around 6mo with that same pattern. I wish I could say she got over it, but it seemed to happen every few months until she was about 2yo. The NCSS did help me some. Particularly the "pantly pull out" helped her nurse for much shorter periods. She still woke up alot, but went back to sleep more quickly. For me it was worth it to stick it out--but it has its up and downs. Try to get any extra sleep you can during the day with her. I never tried moving DD1 out of our bed, I felt that if she was in pain our upset she should be with me. Now she sleeps perfectly--at 3yrs--and I sometimes miss the extra time we had in the night.

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#3 of 4 Old 09-15-2004, 02:00 PM

I think it's quite typical for babies between 6-12 months to be restless and wake a lot at night. Mine was a good sleeper til 6 mo then downhill from 6-12 months and then when she started walking around 12 mo, it improved. There's some major brain development happening b/w 6-12 mo - crawling, pulling up, talking, walking, eating solids... all that brain activity is bound to keep them awake.

I'd take naps with my dd during the day. It was a frustrating time but just know it'll pass.

And the whole 6-12 month period wasn't bad - for us it'd kinda cycle - a good week, a few bad weeks etc.
#4 of 4 Old 09-15-2004, 02:59 PM

2 2 2 2 2 2 2

Oh mama!!!!
We are in the same boat! Elle has been doing the same thing ever since 5 months. I finally broke down last night and gave her the Hylands teething tablets and they didn't even help I am also reading the NCSS (I bought it last night) I am hoping it will help us. I cannot bear to let Elle CIO so if this book does not help we will just trudge through this stage and hope she gets past it soon. I wish I could offer you some advice but I have none. Just sending some hugs your way!!
Amy 2 2 2 2 2

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page