Does anyone else here just let sleep happen when it happens? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 92 Old 10-06-2004, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have one of each. My son stays up very late but when he gets tired he will brush his teeth, grab a book, and put himself to bed. No fuss at all. My daughter, on the other hand, will stay up very late if I let her but get grouchier and whinier and weirdly hyper and will NEVER put herself to bed until she completely collapses from exhaustion (after driving me and her brother nuts, of course). It's only in the past few weeks that she has finally started admitting when she's tired. Hence I usually put her to bed around 10PM with a routine of vitamin, story, brush teeth. She's allowed to look at books until she falls asleep.
#92 of 92 Old 10-06-2004, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Calm, I agree with the everyone else. If this is working for you and it isn't a struggle then I see no reason to change. Routines arn't bad unless they are forced upon an unwilling person.

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page