Baby + Kid(s) 26 13.20%
Baby + Kid(s) + Hubby 107 54.31%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-06-2002, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DH sleeps in our room on the Queen bed with the 2 dogs(not on the bed) and I sleep in DD's room with her on a full. DH loves the arrangement as do I. He snores, has to have a really hot room,goes to bed very late and rises early.
A great thing to have for all nursing/cosleepers is the touch pad bedside lamps.

Celeste- mY mother thinks I am ruining my marriage by not sleeping with my husband. My mother-in-law thinks the cosleeping is the greatest thing- our dd is a true testiment to our well rested content home life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2002, 07:57 PM

It was all four of us (me,husband, 4 year old and two year old)until about 3 months ago. Now my husband sleeps with us about one night a week or so. He has to have his space and cannot stand it when my son snuggles up to him. So it is usually the three of us in the king size bed(on the floor, pushed up to the wall on one side and bed rail on the other) and husband in the twin size bed in the spare room. UNLESS it is too hot, then he is down stairs on the couch
Old 04-28-2003, 12:44 PM

My dp and I sleep with ds's 2yo and 2 months old (plus our dog!) . When our new baby was born someone in our playgroup asked " Is your oldest in a big bed yet?" It took me a minute to realise she meant out of a crib and into his own bed, at first I thought she meant there is a bed bigger than a king sized -I got momentarily excited at the thought of more room!
We put the bed on the floor when our oldest started crawling but he has never gotten out on his own- who'd want to leave all that coziness!
Old 04-29-2003, 12:51 AM

I have to say I feel so much better reading everyone's posts. Thank you Sozobe for starting this thread.

My 19 month old ds and I cosleep on a futon in his room. My dh sleeps in our old room. For the first six months we all slept together and then none of us started to get any sleep. Dh has to get up for work at 5:30 and he likes to go to bed late. Until a month ago ds nursed a lot and woke very frequently through the night. Now, since weaning, most nights he sleeps all night. Almost everyone we know is constantly pressuring us about our sleeping arrangement. Ugh ... it drives me crazy. The only thing I am worried about is that I am 21 weeks pregnant and I just don't know how things will work once new baby arrives...

Emma
Old 04-29-2003, 02:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
None of those apply to us. My husband works offshore, so he is gone two weeks out of the month. During those times, of course, it's just me & Chase. When he's home, though, we all three share a bed.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM

I voted just baby ... but I sleep with ds and dw sleeps alone.
She's working and needs her sleep

Until July when ... who knows what will happen we joke that I will keep sleeping with ds and she will sleep with dd. We both love sleeping with ds but sleep shcedules etc don't always mesh.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:04 PM

Yep great thread.
I wish I knew there where others out there.
DH has a different work schedule then I (son comes to work with me) and he comes to bed late sometimes waking me up.
Up to two days ago it was all three of us in the same bed. But dh had a 3 hour discussion with me about how our son will be 14 and still in our bed bull.
I should have just went out and got another bed for him. But what I did come up with is I moved the crib next to my side of the bed, same level with the railing down. Its working well. My son still nursing in our bed and when he is done I just slip him over to his.

When my dh stays up late I do sleep better with him out of the bed.

If I have a another child I will co-sleep at lest as long as with my son. More if I kick dh out.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:01 AM

When DS1 is home, DD, DS2, and DS3, all go to sleep with me. When DD is asleep, she is moved into DS1's room with him. DS2 and DS3 sleep with DH and I. When DS1 is "out", DH takes either DS2, or DD to sleep with him. He says "I know they're safe." Awww... How sweet. DS3 is a nursling, so he always sleeps with the mama.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:58 AM

This is really nice! I've been feeling kind of guilty thinking that a family bed means both parents.

DS goes to bed first, and sometimes DH and I go to bed at the same time, sometimes not, but DH sleeps on a futon mattress next to the bed (mattress/box spring). We originally did this because we tried everything else to keep DS from falling off the bed, but after sleeping on the futon mattress for more room a few nights DH preferred having his own space. We did all sleep together for the first 6 months or so, but then DS started to become a rowdy sleeper. So every morning when DS wakes up he goes down to the futon to wake up his dad who changes his diaper. Then DH falls back asleep and DS plays on the futon next to him for about 15-20 minutes and wakes him up again usually because he pooped. Then they wake me up and we open up the door and go out. It's a must for us to have the bedroom door shut at night because in the morning DS just walks out otherwise.

DS still nurses frequently at night so I switch him back and forth but we have one side against the wall and a body pillow on the other side so DS doesn't fall out when he's asleep. I prefer it this way - DH is such a loud snorer and kicks a lot too. The snoring is much quieter even though he's only a few feet away!

DS 4/2002 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif
DD 3/2009 toddler.gif
Old 08-08-2003, 10:29 PM

Thanks, Sozobe!

I really am sooooooooooooooo glad I'm not alone in our "weird" sleeping arrangements.

Dd and I sleep together in her room on a futon, which suited us just fine -- she's a real snuggler and loves to have someone there with her, and she and I cosleep well. She doesn't mind that I have to listen to books on tape to fall asleep, she doesn't snore, and she doesn't take up too much space at 2.5 yo.

I love DH very much, but his bed is too small! It's a full size, for one thing, and he's not a teeny stick-boy, so he occupies most of it, leaving me feeling very cramped. Also, he snores occasionally (hey, during my pregnancy, I did too and didn't want to inflict it on anyone!). Moreover, he's a pretty solitary fellow and I think he likes to have that private time.

Yeah, we've gotten comments. Things like, "When is DD going to get her own room?" or "What will you do when she's older and wants her own room?"

My only lame response has been, "We'll deal with that when the time comes."
Old 08-13-2003, 08:51 PM

Well right now it is hubby, baby, me most of the time. Occasionally our daughetr will sleep with us. Actually since hubby is working from 3pm to 11pm she falls asleep with me and Tyme, then when he gets home he puts her in her bed. If she wakes up he will go and sleep with her or just bring her in the bed with us. Then our 2nd oldest son wants to sleep with us, but there is just no way. We only have a queen size bed for now, and no room for him even on the floor(we are living in our 5th wheel) So, sometimes the baby and I will go sleep with Tristen on the sofa sleeper. LOL

Lisa, Traditional Roman Catholic, :::: wife to Brandon, mama to Taylor 17, Tristen 13, Trinity 9, Tyme 6, Wesley Thomas 4, Teresa 3, Gabriella 2, Isabella 1., and Marisela 2/2010.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:52 AM

Well, since DH is working night right now it's just me and the baby. He switches nights and days every 2 months and when he's home we all sleep together. We have a king size and it's fine for 3 since my DS starts in the crib and comes in around 12 or 1. If I'm not alseep before he wakes up it's hard for me to fall asleep when we are all squished but if I am asleep first then I'm so tired I don't mind it at all.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:28 PM

Thanks for the post!!!!!!!!
I feel better now
I thought we were the only ones with that arrangement Sozobe it was really causing me distress
Especially with a new babe on the way
Old 08-17-2003, 06:17 PM

I first brought our daughter to bed with me when I returned to work full time, but was still waking up for night time feedings. It worked great for a little while, until our daughter began to grow. Now she and I, or she and her father enjoy sleeping together, but we rarely sleep with all three of us in the bed. There just isnt room. We have thought of purchasing a king size bed, but we just havent had the spare cash. Besides, she isnists on sleeping in the middle and I doubt that will change just because we get a bigger bed. Despite the fact that we are happy that we have provided our daughter with a safe, cozy, love filled sleeping environment, my husband and I miss our cuddle time. We dont really see any way out of this predicament other than encouraging our daughter to move to her own bed. We have started to talk about it with her and have showed her some plans of a loft bed that we would like to build her. We are hoping that she will be so excited and enamoured with her new bed that she will wnt to sleep in it. Wish us luck.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:05 AM

Voted for baby + kid + hubby. . although my "kid" is our 5 year old Black Lab. . she gets the foot of the bed

Be

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 11-26-2003, 07:07 PM

Since dd was born (now 13 mo) she's been with me and dh in another room on a single futon. Now he's thinking of coming in with us, putting his futon next to our queen. I've invited him many times but the question of us both getting enough sleep - with hsi frequent trips to the bathroom, snoring, tossing and turning etc and dd's waking to nurse and crying in her sleep etc - has dissuaded him, and me. We'll have to see how it goes. another option we're thinking of is getting another double or queen for his room and me shuttling between the two! We'd probably all sleep better that way. We had some renovations done recently and I know all the workmen were really pitying dh for being banished to his single futon!
Istamama
Old 11-28-2003, 04:24 PM

Ilyas and I co-sleep on the futon in the living room. Hubby sleeps on the floor either next to us, or in the baby room. We all used to cosleep together in the baby room, but a flood caused us to lose our big bed, and the futon is too small for all three of us. So hubby takes the camping bedding and sleeps on the floor. The arrangement isn't as awfull as it sounds, but we are saving up for a new bed

Wife, Mom, Health Services Researcher
Uno ('03) Dos ('08) and Tres (Aug '10)

User Tag List