Where does your baby/child nap? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 02-18-2005, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How old is your child? where do they nap? if in bed, do they nap alone or do you lay down with them?
#2 of 35 Old 02-18-2005, 07:32 PM

Depending on the day I either nurse him to sleep in my computer chair or our bed. He sleeps on the couch or our bed depending on where I am and what I'm going to do during his nap. He is 22 months. If he is on the couch I put an otoman (sp?) next to him and in bed there is a body pillow on either side of him.

Mommy to Ryah 12, Reanna 11, Parker 6 and Cooper 3 months
#3 of 35 Old 02-18-2005, 09:29 PM

DD is 12 months and she always naps on my lap. I nurse her to sleep while sitting at the computer or reading and then I just stay there while she sleeps.
#4 of 35 Old 02-18-2005, 09:38 PM

My dd is 15 mos and she usually sleeps in my bed. She has done this for ages. We have a guard rail to help her from falling out, and I respond as soon as she cries. This is less of an issue now that she can get out of bed herself. She has never fallen out of bed. I sometimes nap with her but not usually.

Alternatively she sleeps on my back, in the stroller, or in the baby seat. She seems to sleep best in bed tho.
#5 of 35 Old 02-18-2005, 09:48 PM

My toddler naps in my bed, even though he now spends the night in his own bed, in his own room. And he does require me to lay down with him, and most days even stay there for most of his nap. I've pretty much gotten into the habbit of napping with him.

He falls asleep on his own at night, in his own room ... but for whatever reason he's not ready to do that at naps, which is fine with me. Still get my snuggle time.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#6 of 35 Old 02-18-2005, 10:07 PM

our kids - ages 18 months and 3 1/2 - nap in the family bed. it's the only bed in our house, so there's not really any other option. they usually fall asleep in the living room in my lap and then i move them to the bed. i don't lie down with them, since they rarely nap at the same time. i would if i could, though!!!

however, for the last few weeks ds has preferred to remain asleep in my lap (he's there right now in fact - you can tell from my crappy typing.) he'll wake up if i try to transfer him to the bed. dd went through this phase as well, so i know it will end eventually.
#7 of 35 Old 02-18-2005, 10:23 PM

my dd is 8 mos.

she mostly naps in her stroller. we started doing it when she had a cold and needed to be upright and just worked really well so we kept doing it. she likes us to kind of jiggle the stroller back and forth until she falls asleep (which i do while surfing mdc ).

other than that, she naps on the couch or chair of a room that i'm in.

usually i nap with her if she's in the family bed.

occasionally she goes down for a nap in her pack n play (not very often) but sometimes i rock her to sleep and transfer her into there.

oh and she takes a lot of naps driving in my car. that's her favorite place to sleep. her eyes are closed before i get to the top of my street and as long as the car is moving...she's snoozin'.
#8 of 35 Old 02-18-2005, 10:32 PM

DS is 1 year and naps on me during the day or with DH in the evening when I'm at work. When he was just a couple months old he would nap in our bed after nursing. But now if I even attempt to put him down, he wakes up and doesn't get a nap.
#9 of 35 Old 02-19-2005, 12:48 AM
ETW

DS is 11 months. He naps in our family bed most of the time and occasionally in the sling. I usually lie down with him while he nurses to sleep and then either sit next to him and work on the laptop or get up and leave him in bed. Our bed is on the floor and he knows how to crawl out of it backwards so I don't worry about leaving him alone. I used to stay in bed with him for most naps but he doesn't seem to need it anymore.
#10 of 35 Old 02-19-2005, 01:11 AM

My ds used to nap only on me or in a sling/carrier. At about a year, he started napping in bed after I nursed him and lay with him. That's how we do it now. We lie in his bed, he nurses, then we snuggle until he falls asleep, then I get up.
#11 of 35 Old 02-19-2005, 03:58 AM

Cassie takes most of her naps in either the baby swing or her bouncy seat. I feel horrible about it, but that's where she sleeps best- other than in my bed at night or my lap. I use her naptimes to get things done around the house and I am afraid to leave her upstairs by herself, even with the monitor.

Homeschooling, etsy-crafting Mama to spunky DD (12-04) and wife to DH.

#12 of 35 Old 02-19-2005, 09:56 AM

From being a newborn to about 4 months old DS always napped in my arms.

Then I got the hang of nursing lying down, and now he naps in the family bed.
I WISH I could stay in with him and take a nap too or read... but his nap times are my works times. So when he falls off the boob I pop up and get to work.
He's 8 months old yesterday!

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#13 of 35 Old 02-19-2005, 12:56 PM

My DD is almost 12mos.& naps on our bed. I usually nurse her to sleep & then sort of hang out in the bedroom while she naps... it's really limiting so I am planning getting those Snuck Tuck bed pillows. Anyone use them?

Mel
#14 of 35 Old 02-19-2005, 12:59 PM

in our bed

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#15 of 35 Old 02-19-2005, 01:10 PM

dd usually naps on me, or in the sling/wrap. she will take the occasional nap in her swing, too. I haven't actually tried putting her down to nap, although we do now put her down in the cosleeper a few hours before we go to bed. maybe I should start having her nap there too... but I don't mind her napping on me either

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#16 of 35 Old 02-19-2005, 01:27 PM

Usually with DH but some naps are alone on a king sized IKEA (quite low) bed on the floor with a baby monitor.
He fell off a couple of times when he was younger but the bed is really close to the floor. No harm done.
I am not worried about him falling now because he is able to get off (feet first) by himself now.
#17 of 35 Old 02-20-2005, 12:39 AM

Hi Sunny!

LB naps in our bed with me When we're out, she'll nap in the carseat or in the sling - I just put her in it lying down.
#18 of 35 Old 02-20-2005, 12:52 AM

Hi Sunny!

LB naps in our bed with me When we're out, she'll nap in the carseat or in the sling - I just put her in it lying down.
#19 of 35 Old 02-20-2005, 10:26 AM

dd is 8 weeks old and she sometimes nap alone in our bed.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#20 of 35 Old 02-20-2005, 11:07 AM

My DD, 18 months sleeps anywhere usually. On the couch, on the floor, in our bed-or if we are out in the carseat usually-she'll wake up when we get her out.
#21 of 35 Old 02-20-2005, 11:57 AM

Fern is a year now, she has always nursed to sleep for naps, and spends part of the nap in arms (my MDC time!) since she became mobile she naps on some cushions on the floor in whatever room I'm in when I'm ready to put her down, so I'm close when she wakes.

nothing more to say I guess :
#22 of 35 Old 02-20-2005, 01:25 PM

15 months & she naps in my lap on boppy while I'm on the 'puter. Can't get her to stay asleep anywhere else. Nurses the whole nap usually. She's napping now.

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

#23 of 35 Old 02-20-2005, 01:25 PM

DD1 is 2, and sleeps in her bed, crib.

DD2 is 11mth, mostly sleeps in her crib but sometimes I nurse her in my bed then transfer her in her crib.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#24 of 35 Old 02-20-2005, 01:31 PM

8 1/2 months and she naps in our bed with me sitting beside her. She wakes up to anything if I'm not there, but usually I can sit up and do something without waking her. She napped on my lap until about 5 months, when I decided to transition her to the bed so she wasn't resting on my (tendonitis inflammed) wrist all the time.
#25 of 35 Old 02-21-2005, 12:49 PM

4 12/ months and my babe naps in the swing mostly. I rock him to sleep in my arms and the put him in the swing. all was good until about two weeks ago when he started resisting naps, and only sleepiong for quickies. until 5 PM or so, when he goes down for two or three hours. I don't know what that's about.
#26 of 35 Old 02-21-2005, 01:13 PM

6 month DS would often nap in his swing up until a few weeks ago...now I can rock him to sleep & he goes down either on our bed (where we co-sleep at night) or in his crib.
#27 of 35 Old 02-21-2005, 01:47 PM

My son will be 2 on 3/7

He naps around 10:30am each morning (actually, he didn't nap at all until after he turned 1!!! ) in his own bed (we co-sleep but he does have his own bed set up). He nurses to sleep.
#28 of 35 Old 02-22-2005, 12:15 AM

My babies almost always napped in our bed.
#29 of 35 Old 02-22-2005, 03:02 AM

So far naps have been lap, sling, carseat when travelling, and, if I am very, very lucky, in her swing. If I put her down on a bed or in the crib she wakes up within minutes. The swing will sometimes keep her out a bit longer when I need hands free for a while.
#30 of 35 Old 02-22-2005, 04:27 PM

DS is 10 weeks, he nurses to sleep in my arms, and then I transfer him to either his swing, or lay him down on the couch. The swing is usually better because the rocking motion will keep him asleep sometimes up over an hour, where as with the couch he'll only sleep for about 20-30 minutes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page