Does anyone else here LIKE co-sleeping? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 113 Old 02-22-2005, 02:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't think of anything better than falling asleep with my arms wrapped around my baby (and usually DH's arms around us both) .. I can't imagine why anyone would choose to not cosleep.
#62 of 113 Old 02-22-2005, 02:53 AM

I like it alot- and wish that we had a bigger bed so that it could continue to be comfortable. We only have a full!!!! We are going to get a twin and put it up next to ours- so we aren't as cramped!
I could not imagine being without ds in the same room at least!
Emilie
#63 of 113 Old 02-22-2005, 10:34 AM

I love it. I was thinking about moving dd's crib into the room and I couldn't do it. It feels to good to wake up to nurse and find her sleeply trying to latch herself on.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#64 of 113 Old 02-24-2005, 08:06 AM

DS is 2.5 and we are blissfully happy co-sleeping.
#65 of 113 Old 02-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Banned

We love it too - it has saved our sanity with our very demanding baby boy, plus saved me going to check on him constantly through the night. Even though we have 2 kids, a 7 year old and an 8 month old, we only use one bedroom in our place, although Daddy sometimes flees to the spare room (we have a queen size bed and the crib is side-car'd). I don't know when we'll have our bed to ourselves again but that's fine with us.
#66 of 113 Old 02-24-2005, 01:27 PM

Absolutely love it!!! There have been challenges early on and we will probably go through those challenges again with our littlest one but it's all worth it. Co-sleeping with our 27 month old is Heaven - I can't imagine not having him all snuggly next to me at night.

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#67 of 113 Old 02-24-2005, 01:32 PM

We can't imagine not sleeping without him. Waking up with him is pure bliss and watching how happy he is to see us right there melts our hearts.

In fact, we're already discussing what we would do if we weren't and what we're going to do once child number two comes along and how we'll miss our children not sleeping with us anymore..
#68 of 113 Old 02-24-2005, 01:43 PM

I love it, she loves it, SO loves it, even the dogs love it.

It's especially great because he misses her during the day at work, so it gives them great snuggle time to reconnect. Actually, when I grumble abut needing more sleep they kick me out to the living room and snuggle without me.

SO - "we don't need no stinkin leche to go meepers, right?"

DD - "gagagaga babab Mommy leche bybye bababab Dada"

SO - "See, we're fine. Goodnight"

When I check on them later, she's snuggled into his armpit, he has his arm around her, and they both have a look of pure bliss on their faces. He'll bring her to me to nurse, and take her back.

Next night, back to normal. She'll nurse and in her sleep, look for his armpit and settle in.

Ahhhhhhh.
#69 of 113 Old 02-24-2005, 01:46 PM

we love it!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#70 of 113 Old 02-24-2005, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyV
"we don't need no stinkin leche to go meepers, right?"
:LOL

My favorite thing right now is when my DS wakes up in the morning, turns to look at me, then rolls over to put his head on the pillow next to mine.

Even with little feet in my ribs and occasional head butting, I love co-sleeping. Unless I am SICK to the point of dropping, I actually can't sleep without him there~ I keep listening for him.
#71 of 113 Old 02-25-2005, 07:16 PM

With our large family, we've co-slept for most of the last 21 years. I'm sure I'll enjoy stretching out with just dh when our youngest, and last, moves out of our big bed, but I'll miss it so much, too. Breastfeeding and co-sleeping are two of my favorite aspects of mothering young children and babies !

Joni and kids, incl. Micah : , 7-16-04
#72 of 113 Old 02-25-2005, 07:53 PM

We love it! I think Parker will probably be ready for her own bed before I'm ready. And I guess that's how it should be.
#73 of 113 Old 02-25-2005, 10:14 PM

I also love it and we aren't experiencing any problems from it. My DD is going through a phase where she only wants to nap in my arms - not even in the bed with me, but it started suddenly and I'm sure it will end the same way. Nighttimes are great for us! She sleeps like a log, I feel very well rested and I absolutely LOVE waking up to see her smiling at me. I cannot imagine her sleeping in another room and I will be so, so sad whenever it happens. I also agree with pp's that I would never get any sleep if she was in another room. I need to be able to wake up, see that she's fine and close my eyes again. I love, love, love sleeping with my baby. Even my husband, who thought I was crazy when I was pregnant and telling him all my AP plans, now thinks it's wonderful. He says he wouldn't want it any other way.
#74 of 113 Old 02-25-2005, 11:04 PM

we still co-sleep with our 3 yr old some.. but as a baby she slept with us nearly all time.. when i had dd i had her by c-section and it was eaiser to have her in bed with me then in her crib, pluse she slept a lot better next to me.. so i wouldn't change it at all, plus dh loves the cuddling too with her.. and at times i like it to just be dh and I, but we love your little girl too..

Kara 25 wife to ben 26
bailie 3 yrs old
TTC #2
#75 of 113 Old 02-25-2005, 11:44 PM

Love it. More than I could've imagined. I especially love seeing those big eyes smiling up at me in the half-light of the morning.
#76 of 113 Old 02-25-2005, 11:55 PM

adore it and I can't imagine doing it any other way.
#77 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 11:37 AM

bumping.
#78 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 01:39 PM

Well, since you've bumped it, I'll come back to say that I love it as much at 1.5 as I did at 1. She snuggles up to me, or dp, or streches out across the whole bed, with her head at my breast and her feet on top of dp and its all good

nothing more to say I guess :
#79 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 01:44 PM

I couldn't imagine my kiddo's anywhere else. I love waking up in the morning with everyone all cuddled up together.
#80 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 01:50 PM

I love cosleeping! It is like the magic secret nobody told you about to help a new mom get lots of sleep.
Cosleeping did not work out well with my twins. But I coslept with my oldest off and on till she was 8. (I was a single mom). I still cosleep with my second, who is 3. HE has his own mattress on the floor, but he spends the first part in our bed usually. I do not cosleep with my 22 month old twins though. But not because I dont like cosleeping.
Joline
#81 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 02:47 PM

We absolutely it! We have been cosleeping with ds, now 28 months from the start, and wouldn't have it any other way. Now that he is older, he wakes up then wakes us up with the sweetest cutest things-yesterday it was an eskimo kiss, today it was "take-a my diaper off mommy" (he is semi-newly pl'd and hates waking up to find himself in a diaper).
Even my poor dh, who is kicked night after night in the ribs, and er...other areas, loves it. On really bad nights he will move to the spare bed to try and get some actual sleep, but he doesn't complain. What beats waking up to a sweet little boy saying, "big huuuug!" and throwing his arms around you?
#82 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 06:56 PM

I like co-sleeping too. I actually set up a sidecar arrangement with his crib a couple of months ago, but he looked lonely, so I kept pulling him back in bed to sleep right next to me
#83 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 07:04 PM

We're cosleeping with a 4yo and a 4 month old and we're very happy! (Although it does get a bit warm in the summer)
#84 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 09:34 PM

I love cosleeping with my 3 kids! We have a double and a queen, and usually we end up with me and the kids on the double snuggled together and dh sprawled out all alone on the queen :LOL He is jealous of my snuggles, but it is his own fault for being a blanket theif! We live in a small house, so it is so practical for us to only devote ONE room to sleeping. This way we can use the other "bedrooms" as a toy room and an office. My 4 year old wakes frequently with nightmares, so he loves having his mama and daddy close by when he is scared.

#85 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 09:45 PM

Yes. It has simply been a part of our family life.

My dh is convinced it makes us all that more creative.
#86 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 10:00 PM

especially as we've got an extra bed in the "baby's" room. haha - the baby's been in there about twice & he's 9mo old! :LOL That leaves room for other activities without having to move the baby or be super stealthy (the other 2 boys sleep in a room that is a converted garage & has no door) I love not having to get up when the baby needs me. I love never worrying about him as I can always see & snuggle him. My kiddos are all 6 years apart, so I only have had one co-sleeper at a time. Still sometimes the 6yr old, the baby & I have a big snuggle with a pay per view. All me best bonding happens in the bed I think
#87 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 10:23 PM

I love it too! I love dd's little body snuggled next to mine and DH loves it too - he works long hours so the 8 hours of co-sleeping is time to reconnect.
#88 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 10:29 PM

#89 of 113 Old 08-01-2005, 10:41 PM

DD#1 slept in a crib until 14 months. I was exhausted and wanted to start cosleeping but Dh was very resistant. Recently when my mom was visiting when I had DD#2 DD#1 was cosleeping with her. DH said he missed DD and wanted her back with us. What a change! We intended to cosleep from the start with DD#2. I sidecarred the crib and we've tried that a couple of times especially because in the beginning she was very restless in her sleep and waking me up but not wanting to nurse. The sidecar was just too far away though. DD#2 and I know sleep in the guestroom because DD#1 is just a little too restless in her sleep. When the baby is a little older we'll go with the great big family bed again but right now we're all getting a lot more sleep this way. Having nursed a baby who slept in a crib and nursed a baby who sleeps with me I would never go back. I have no idea how many times she nurses at night. Yes she is a "good" sleeper and puts in a good 5-7 hours stretch after she goes down for the night but throughout the early hours I know she nurses several times. I barely wake up and I know it will just get easier as she gets older since at 3.5 months she already moves towards me looking for the BBs when it's time. Soon I think she'll be putting herself on without my help. When I get into bed with her the sight of her sweet little sleeping face usually makes my milk letdown. I just can't get enough of her. And the mornings when I'm woken by baby babbling and her sweet little face lighting up at the sight of my opening eyes? Oh my heart could just explode. It's wonderful.
#90 of 113 Old 08-02-2005, 01:05 PM

ME!! I adore cosleeping. Just love it. The snuggling can't be beat. I don't have ot get up to BF... etc etc...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page