Does anyone else here LIKE co-sleeping? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 113 Old 08-02-2005, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
love it

although ds is only 2 1/2 mo. old... i think we need to get a bigger bed than our double.

#92 of 113 Old 08-02-2005, 02:53 PM

LOVE it. I loved it when my sleeping newborn would awaken to nurse. I love it now when my awakened toddler makes his way from his room to ours to sleep with me for the night.

DH sleeps in the living room most nights, since we only have a queen, I'm 7 months pregnant, and there's a horizontal toddler and my big old body pillow in our bed. DH and I laugh about it. He does not feel slighted in any way, and he knows how important cosleeping is to all of us, but things are just a little squished right now!
#93 of 113 Old 08-02-2005, 04:08 PM

Dh and I both absolutely LOVE our family bed!! Ds sleeps in the middle and we all love to cuddle. It is especially wonderful in the morning when ds wakes up and is "talking" to us, the ceiling fan, or the window. And when he looks at us and smiles . I wouldn't change it for anything!

We have a crib and it is now merely a place to hold clean diapers before I fold them and put them away. :LOL
#94 of 113 Old 08-02-2005, 08:57 PM

I love it too, but I also love sleeping alone. And I also chose what was better for my son. We co-slept for 2 years and now he is sleeping in his won bed and he is VERY HAPPY. He actually does NOT like if I bring him into our bed in the middle of night.
We never really strugle with co-sleeping. Well, my DH did, but not me. Who really struggled was my son. Really. He is sleeping so much better now that he is in his own bed. And I am so much better mom to him during the day after all night sleep!

Wanted to add that my son hated to snugle while sleeping. I always had to make sure I did not touch him while he was sleeping....
#95 of 113 Old 08-02-2005, 09:08 PM

We love co-sleeping. Was kinda the plan from the beginning. We have a crib, but knew we wouldn't use it until our son was older. Now, we have sidecarred the crib, but we only use it for playtime in the morning. I love the middle of the night nursing sessions when everything is quiet and it is just us. My dh and I both love the morning stretches and smiles. I love it!
#96 of 113 Old 08-02-2005, 09:14 PM

Hubby sleeps in his own room so that isn't a consideration for us. I love watching my son (17 mo)nurse to sleep. He touches my face, will put his hand over my heart and pat softly. And sometimes he'll clap right before he drops off. I'm not a cuddler by nature and either is my son so that works. We have a King sized bed so there is always room for the both of us. Even if I have to get up and plop myself in another part.
#97 of 113 Old 08-02-2005, 11:04 PM

Gotta love it!!!!
#98 of 113 Old 08-02-2005, 11:23 PM

Wouldn't have it ANY other way
#99 of 113 Old 08-03-2005, 12:36 AM

We feel the same way, I can't imagine my little ones not in bed close to me at night!! They are only little for such a short time.
#100 of 113 Old 08-03-2005, 10:52 AM

I love it, and my DH does too - we know that DD is safe, I don't have to get up to nurse her, and she is so cuddly and sweet. When I was pregnant, everyone (assuming baby would have her own room and crib, etc) told me how sleep-deprived I would be, but I'm really not. It's important to me, too, now that I'm back working full-time because even though it's not awake time, it's still time together and time to nurse to keep my milk supply up.

And even when she wakes me up by wriggling around, kicking, etc - it's not as bad as when DH wakes me up by snoring, flopping around, etc!!
#101 of 113 Old 08-03-2005, 10:58 AM

Love cosleeping! I can't imagine parenting without it. My younger son spent his first 15 days in the NICU then had to be in a arm's length cosleeper for a few weeks for his breathing -- I was so happy when I could bring him into our bed and cuddle up!

Fiona
#102 of 113 Old 08-03-2005, 11:00 AM

I love it! My sweet little babies-snuggled close to me with their little morning breath and soft snoring.....oh i cant imagine not feeling so close to them!!!
#103 of 113 Old 08-03-2005, 01:08 PM

I love it too. We actually "tried" to get DD out of our bed for a few days (succumbed to pressure from my own mom : ). But DD didn't like it and I couldn't sleep very well. I missed her!! If she wanted to have her own bed, I'd be OK with it. But I really like sleeping with her and so does DH. So for now we co-sleep and love it.

She's a real snuggle-puppy.

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
#104 of 113 Old 08-03-2005, 01:18 PM

i love love love co-sleeping...having my wholefamily cuddled up together and not having to stumble around to nurse the baby.
#105 of 113 Old 08-03-2005, 01:21 PM

I love it! I love waking up and knowing (within a queen size) exactly where my toddler is. I love being able to reach out and touch him when I wake throughout the night. I love knowing that he is safe and if an emergency happens, I can get him out as easily as I can get myself out (fire, etc) and that I can lay hands on him *immediately* if need be. I love knowing instantly if he is too cold or too warm - or if he has a fever during the night - or that he is breathing okay when he has a cold... stuff like that. Plus, there is nothing better then cuddling up to him!
#106 of 113 Old 08-09-2005, 01:11 AM

I love having my baby girl sleep next to me. Nighttime feeding and changing is soooo much easier and cuddling with her is so soothing. I love that she is alright as long as she is touching my skin
#107 of 113 Old 08-09-2005, 04:08 AM

Before my ds was born, I never thought I'd co-sleep (didn't even really know what it was) with him, but then he came out and just the thought of leaving him down the hall in his big lonely crib made me want to cry. He's now 6.5 months and I love, love, love having him in our bed. I love hearing him breathe and sigh (and even fuss!) throughout the night. But mornings are the best! Lately we've been waking up to him blowing raspberries on our arms, twisting our noses or trying to crawling over us. It makes me sad when I think of all the non-cosleeping families who miss out on these precious moments. The only thing I struggle with is where to lay him down when he falls asleep at 8 or 9 p.m. when I'm not ready to go to bed and when I need a break from him sleeping on my lap...but that's another thread .

Zachary (Jan. 16, 05), Blossom (Sept. 14, 08)
::
#108 of 113 Old 08-09-2005, 05:10 AM

There is nothing like falling asleep to the sound of my dd breathing or laughing in her sleep. And every morning I wake up and I am amazed that she is mine. I love staring at her beautiful sleeping face early in the morning. And the nights when DH snuggles up real close behind me and I've got dd snuggled in front...it's pure heaven.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#109 of 113 Old 08-10-2005, 06:00 PM

I do! I love it, DH loves it and so does DS. I wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, there are challenges, just as with anything else so highly rewarding, but we are able to get through them -- and will continue to.
#110 of 113 Old 08-10-2005, 07:17 PM

i love co-sleeping i know what you mean, sometimes a quick browse of the titles in the forum makes it sound like it's a lot of problems. but that's just because mamas come here for troubleshooting any problem i have had with co-sleeping, i would have had so much harder a time if she were anywhere else.

i love love LOVE sleeping beside Willow!

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#111 of 113 Old 08-10-2005, 10:20 PM

Add me to the loving it list!! It is hard for us to even imagine leaving DD in another room. We'd miss her so much! She is a super snuggly baby and she likes to wrap herself around my side when I lay on my back. Sure, I sometimes wake up because she kicked me in her sleep or something, and I know if she was in another bed I would have just kept on sleeping. But so what? I get reminded of my sweet baby beside me, and I go back to sleep. Co-sleeping rocks.
#112 of 113 Old 08-10-2005, 10:36 PM

We love cosleeping. Sure, I could use more sleep (I sleep at odd angles to nurse one or both boys at any given time during the night), but I love having my boys in bed with us. My 29 month old sleeps in his bed from bedtime until about 11 p.m. when we go to sleep, and then joins us for the rest of the night. Our 8 month old only sleeps with us, and naps usually on my lap (doesn't like being alone). It works great for all of us. We just need a bigger bed!

Denise

creative mom of two free-spirited boys (03/03, 11/04) : unschooling, nature loving, crafting, making, passion following family ribbonjigsaw.gif
#113 of 113 Old 08-10-2005, 10:49 PM

Add another mommy loving to co-sleep. Never imagined I would even do it this way, but now 18 months into it I shudder at the thought of her not being near me. I know with all my heart this is how it is supposed to be for us.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page