Nighttime sleep is fine, but daytime sleep is a mess... Help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2005, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all... here's a brief explanation of my situation:

DD is 3 months today. She's exclusively BF and we co-slept until 2 nights ago. She started her fussy period in the evening at 6 weeks old, but it was managable... just fussed for awhile and then she would go down and did fabulously overnight.

That fussy period now has ventured into an all day thing. She's generally pretty relaxed and happy, but when she's tired and wants to sleep she becomes a total mess. I wear her most of the day, and in the beginning she would sleep on me just great, just doze off for a couple of hours. Now she cries and cries and nothing I do helps. Then she'll only sleep for about 30 minutes at a time and she's exhausted again within a short time.

Friends are encouraging me to CIO. I did it yesterday and I'm sickened by it.

Any advice? She needs her sleep during the day, she's exhausted and cranky.

BTW, I also have a 21 mo old (great sleeper), so there's only so much I can do without leaving him alone to fend for himself.

Many thanks,
Rhonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2005, 01:54 PM

Hmmm... i seem to recal reading about fussy periods at 3,6, 9 and 12 months- is that right?

If the trouble is getting her down for a nap and keeping her there I was thinking of two things- first try driving in a car- probably less of an option with another older child. The second is getting a mechanical swing or oscillating chair (both acheive the same effect as the car IMO).

I know mechanical gadgets are not very AP, but when my dd went through her fussy in the evening stuff our swing really helped.

Wish I had more to offer.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

We do have an awesome swing that worked marvelously with DS, but DD hates it. And yes, on Monday I drove them around for two hours so they could sleep. DS slept the whole drive, but little DD only slept an hour, then I had to pull over and nurse her so she wouldn't wake him up!!!

Does anyone like the "No Cry Sleep Solution" book? I'm about to go buy it.

User Tag List