from 4am on what do YOU do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2005, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
our sweet, intense ds 14mo has coslept from the begininng, and now I'm beginning to really feel worn out from the 4am onwards nursing non-stop while moving those active legs and arms. when he was little i could totally zonk while he nursed, but no way now. He is sleeping very well till about 4am, which is awesome, then I nurse him and sometimes he'll sleep again, sometimes not really. Usually we can doze at some point between 4 and 6, but I'd love to hear if any other mamas have creative solutions to such active nursing for those hours. I'm starting to feel more tired than when he nursed every hr, but was still while nursing and in bed till 7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2005, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You could try putting him to bed a little later, so he sleeps later in the AM. Or you could try working on nursing manners. Personally, I hated when dd would try to do gymnastics while nursing, even during the day- it just made me nuts, so if she was moving around too much I would tell her we couldn't do that (i.e. No standing on your head while nursing, mama doesn't like it) and we had to lie down quiet if she was going to nurse in bed.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09

User Tag List