one year old screams and cries in his sleep! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-16-2005, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He really does! It happens when we are in bed together and it happens at anytime of the night...doesn't seem to have any pattern. He doesn't wake up at all and it is very brief...less than two minutes but he really lets it rip! I hold him and pat him when it happens. Anyone else have a toddler that does this?

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2005, 01:12 AM

My dd, 17 mos, sometimes wakes up screaming in a panic but it's usually before we get into bed with her. I think she is having nightmares. It's terribly sad and upsetting for me to hear her. For your little one, perhaps nightmares or even night terrors?
Old 04-16-2005, 11:59 AM

My DD will be one next month (SOB! How did she get so "old" so fast?) and she just started doing the same thing recently. She doesn't usually wake up at all. She just screams and rolls around for a minute. Sometimes she looks for the breast afterwards and sometimes she doesn't, but most of the time she stays asleep whether she wants to nurse or not. Doesn't it make you wonder what the poor little things could be having nightmares about?
Old 04-16-2005, 12:03 PM

my ds has done the screaming in his sleep thing most of his 17 mos. old life
I thought it might be night terrors, but it's not that severe. I have yet to figure out how to stop it. Therefore, I haven't gotten quality sleep in a loooooong time.
I don't have answers, but I think we all need a
Old 04-16-2005, 03:45 PM

My little guy does this too. I just hold and try to comfort him as much as possible. My oldest used to have them all the time and still occasionally does (eyes open, stumbling into our room with a panicked look on her face).

User Tag List