2.5 yo pinching and switching sides ALL NIGHT LONG - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-10-2005, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't sleep! DH can't sleep! Withholding the boob leads to screechy screamy hysteria from DS. Wahhh!!! What to do?

How I dread the incessant, "OTHER SIDE PLEASE MOMMY!!...OTHER SIDE PLEASE MOMMY!!... OTHER SIDE PLEASE MOMMY!!"
#2 of 7 Old 05-11-2005, 12:16 AM

Mostly my sympathy here . . . .

What I tend to do when he wants to nurse and I don't is to try to reduce the amount of time he nurses. I taught "time to finish up" by unlatching him and saying it at the same time, when he was about Eli's age. Now when I say "time to finish up", he unlatches himself. Do you do time "bells" at all (i.e. I say "five (and one) minute bell to batch time" a.r.i. Raising your spirited child)? You can apply this to nursing time, too.

I don't know if this would work at night, though-- I nightweaned when he was about 18 months, and now we talk about how we first nurse when the sun is up.

I sure hope you get some sleep soon-- that sounds so not fun.

xoxox
Karla
#3 of 7 Old 05-11-2005, 12:55 AM

#4 of 7 Old 05-11-2005, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Karla. I think it was an especially bad night and lo and behold, next day a cold and a new molar.

: ) xoox
#5 of 7 Old 05-12-2005, 10:54 PM

have you ever read the dr jay gordon book good nights? he has an excerpt on his site - changing the sleep pattern in the family bed - that deals with gently night weaning. he does give some good suggestions even if you aren't looking to night wean though.

we nightweaned around 18 or 19 mo too (pregnant, milk drying up, dd nursing all night) - she took very easily to a sippy of water - poor kid was dying of thirst :LOL

Good luck! Molars are NO fun, right now dd is a bit restless and I am thinking 2 yr old molars are coming....
#6 of 7 Old 05-13-2005, 12:45 AM

My boy's only waking me up a few times in the night, but man, the moment the sun rises, he's on me like weird on Michael Jackson. He doesn't actually wake up till around 8:00, so he basically just holds me hostage in bed for a couple hours every day, drinking from one nipple, desperately trying to twist off the other. Maybe he's trying to make himself a to-go cup. Little stinker.
#7 of 7 Old 05-13-2005, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelamama
Thanks Karla. I think it was an especially bad night and lo and behold, next day a cold and a new molar.

: ) xoox
problem solved cool. i read the title of your thread and i immedietly thought that your little was about to be sick or have a growth spurt. my dd is going to be 3 at the end of august, and we had a few days of all night nursing several weeks ago. i just couldnt understand what the deal was, she hasnt done that in months, i was about to be at the end of my rope, and bam, she came down with the flu. flu passed, and she went back to 1 or 2 wakeups at night, and now, 1 or none. i forgot that those all nighters usually preceed an illness or a tooth!

i hope your ds is sleeping well and feeling better now

Erin, 33, salty southern mama, sitting by the sea with my DH35, DD10, DS4, &DD2!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page