ack! desperate rant/plea for help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-13-2005, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what is up with my ds? for the past week or so, every night he will go to bed fine, but then within 1-3 hours (usually when i crawl in bed with him) he will wake up crying and flailing, and will sometimes take the breast, but it wont always calm him down. about 1/2 the time he wakes up completely, but he cries and cries until we can finally get him back asleep.

some nights i give him to my dh in frustration, and he will take him into the computer room with him while he plays world of warcraft,a nd he is almost always able to lay him down on the futon,w here he will sleep happily until dh brings him to bed, at which point he will usually fuss and nurse, and then nurse off and on ALL NIGHT, like literally, all friggin night.

he has 4 molars right now, maybe he is getting another one? ive given him skullcap and chamomile and even tylenol, but it doesnt seem to help too much. today i tried laying him down on a separate mattress in our room, instead of right next to me, but he woke up 1/2 after we put him down, and has been drowsily crying and nursing and occassionally drifting off ever since. dh just went to take him on a car ride in adesperate attempt to get him to sleep.

I HATE THIS! i have always said that i want 4 or 5 kids, even during times of intense sleep deprivation, but something clicked iwht me a few nights ago, and i realized that i truly do not want to go through this sleep deprivation again. i still do want to have kids, but you can be damn sure i am going to do something different from the start next time around. i dont know what that means exactly, though, but i cant do this again!

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#2 of 3 Old 05-13-2005, 11:02 PM

how old is your little one

they go through stages of needing lots of nursing, my guy 19 mo does that when he is sick or coming down with something.

Having hubby take him so you can get some rest can really help

know that it will pass

I wanted a big family too, and often would question how will I do this
I just found spacing to really help ( 3 yrs between # 1 and 2 trying for #3 who will be at least 2 1/2 from #2)

hang in there
#3 of 3 Old 05-14-2005, 02:15 PM

How old?

Is it possible that you are inadvertently waking him? Can DH try sleeping next to him from the start of going to bed? Does he seem really AWAKE or perhaps still dreaming or nightmare?

It sounds very frustrating. Is he genuinely hungry? We went through a period when our son, at 15 or so months was very hungry at night. It passed, but we gave him bottles to help ease the intense nursing he was doing. On the other hand, is your DS eating something "new" that could be upsetting his tummy? Gas?

We used a sleepytime video for a bit, that helped DS zonk out while DH rocked him and I stayed in our bed getting some much needed sleep.

Wishing you luck and SLEEP!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page