Growing up is so bitter sweet! :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 05-15-2005, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dd and I have been cosleeping for a little over a year. Now she is trying to be so independent in sleeping.

It started with naps, they became a huge struggle with her jumping around and playing and me getting so frustrated. My roommate put her down one day and just said goodnight and she slept, so I tried it. It took a few times but she sleeps and she sleeps good! So one night i needed to do something and i needed her to go to sleep alone and she did! Then bedtimes became the same struggle, so i started leaving before she was asleep. Now she tells me to leave after just a few mins, but then she whines and calls for me to come back. She wants to be able to do i alone, so i let her try and go back when called. But it is so sad to think that soon she will be sleeping in her own bed!

She is getting so grown up... Potty trained, talking well, knows letters, colors, numbers, states,naps on her own, tries to go to bed on her own, and soon to be in her own bed!

Sorry for my sad rant.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page