So many "How do I get them out?" ques. in this forum - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 33 Old 08-03-2005, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We share sleep about half the night; the boys start in their own beds and join us after midnight. 99% of the time I love co-sleeping. I actually enjoy it much more now that they are 5 and 6; it was rough when they were 3 and 4. They move a lot less now and we all seem to have our spots (Eastern King).

I know that we are at a place now where all it would take would be telling them that they can no longer come to our bed, but I'm not ready to do that yet. Waking up together is still one of the joys of my day.

Kimberly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 08-04-2005, 02:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariS
I don’t think this was created as an exclusive attachment parenting website.
In that case, you are mistaken. Mothering, and Mothering.com, are about attachment parenting.

The purpose of these forums is not to "support" everybody and every choice indiscriminately. It is not a place to support CIO, or formula feeding by choice, or routine infant circumcision, or spanking, or many other things. It *is* a place to support attachment parenting and natural living, and learning about those subjects.
#33 of 33 Old 08-04-2005, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*insomniac creeping in*
we've partially transitioned k into her own bed (she spends about half the night there, though she sometimes spends her whole night). we did it because i was NOT SLEEPING anymore. we have a queen-sized bed. my husband is 6-foot and a bed hog, i'm a cover hog and k wants the whole bed as her's-- she's tall for a 19 month old (already 32"!!) and STRONG and pushes her feet into my back and stomach and her father's head. then there are the cats who CANNOT be convinced to sleep anywhere else (trust me, i've tried, but a closed door just makes them more obnoxious). plus, i'm almost 20 weeks pregnant now and am slowly taking up more room in the bed.
we'll probably still be partially co-sleeping with k when q comes along (i'm thinking we may need a co-sleeper because, really, there is NOWHERE for a 4th person to be!) but i hope it really is just partially. co-sleeping with my active toddler just isn't working for the family anymore. when any member isn't getting enough sleep and is thus cranky and short-tempered for the day, the whole family vibe gets off and EVERYONE turns into a cranky, short-tempered grump. and isn't ap all about making decsions based on what is best for your family? i LOVE co-sleeping, i do, but i just can't stand so many people in the bed anymore. i find myself often resentful when k comes toddling in the middle of the night and that is NOT good.
i hope we can understand that being respectful and gentle with our kids extends to being respectful and gentle to ourselves, too.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page