BBT charting success anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2005, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do any co-sleeping moms here successfully take their basal body temperature daily? I had been interested in giving it a try when dh and I are ready to ttc #2, but I have doubts that it will work given our sleeping situation. I'm up at least 4-5 times a night with my dd, nursing her, flipping over from side to side, etc, and wouldn't that cause my temperature to be all over the map? They say you're supposed to take your BBT as soon as you wake up in the morning, before getting out of bed, before talking, before moving, before anything basically. So how would that work with a squirmy toddler next to me in bed trying to grab the thermometer out of my mouth, etc.? I just don't see it happening.

Anyone have any success with doing this while co-sleeping with a young toddler (under 2 years old)?

TIA,
Debra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2005, 12:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used fertility awareness for two years to avoid pregnancy and then for one cycle to get pregnant. I found that for me, ocassional awakenings, even getting up and going to the bathroom, didn't affect my bbt enough to screw up the charting. Everyone is different. Some people are very sensitive, but others are not. It probably wouldn't take long to tell if it is working for you. Maybe as little as a week or two. If the awakenings are messing with your bbt too much, you'll have temps that are all over the chart and without any discernable pattern. I say give it a try and see. Hope that helps. Jenn

User Tag List