is it normal for babies to snore? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-12-2005, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I realized about a month ago that my babe snores lightly sometimes. She has sleep problems, too, so I'm not sure if that is related?

Also, dd has always been a bit of a snotty baby, and I mean that literally. She just has a lot of snot. When she was 3 weeks, we took her to the emergency room because it sounded like she was having trouble breathing in the middle of the night. After all the tests and stuff, she simply sneezed and out came this huge baby booger and she could breathe fine. BTW, I don't do dairy and I know that it can sometimes lead to mucousiness in babes.

Back to the question, tho, do babies snore or is this a sign of a sleep disorder?
#2 of 3 Old 10-12-2005, 03:05 AM

My older son did for a while when he was a few months old. He eventually stopped doing it.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#3 of 3 Old 10-12-2005, 08:45 AM

Well, it could be either. It could be allergies or it could be a sign of reflux or sleep apnea, all of which can cause sleep disturbance. Personally, I'd try to get it evaluated if a baby snored-- it might be no big deal, or it might be something that really does need some attention.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page