I have banned dh and dd from the family sleeping room! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-08-2003, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, temporarily at least!

You see, I am up many times nursing ds back to sleep....

And dd got sick with a chest cold on new years eve...it of course triggered her r.a.d., and she coughs and coughs all during the night. And of course, she wants to sleep back in our room while she doesn't feel well...and we like to be near her cuz of her asthma.

But... I just can't take it! Dh will sleep through most nursings, and also most coughs....NOT ME!!!! I wake up with every sound they both make! I just couldn't do it 1 more night!

So I told dh that he had to take dd into her room or the lvg rm so I could TRY to get SOME sleep! That he needs to tend to her needs,cough meds,asthma meds,bathroom trips,water,etc...

I feel like I've hurt dds feelings though. I have always been the one to care for her when she is sick!

And now, dh is complaining that he is exhausted from getting up with her constantly all night! NNNNOOOOOO.....REALLY?????????

My response to him," welcome to my life from the past 17 mos!!"

Sleep solutions are NEVER easy.

Have any of you done anything similar??

Thanks for listening.

mamapoppins
#2 of 2 Old 01-08-2003, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not exactly, but kinda close.
I used to make DH give DS a bottle at night so I could sleep a few hours in a row. I think that DD will need extra loving from you during the day to make up for the night thing, but otherwise I'm sure she'll be fine.
I always find that open, honest communication is always helpful, so I might sit DD down and tell her that you want her to know that you love her just as much as DS, but that you and DS need to sleep well and as soon as she is better she can come back to the family bed.
I always feel better when everything's out in the open.
And as far as your DH goes- isn't that funny that he doesn't understand that this is what you go through on a nightly basis?
My DH doesn't understand that I just want to feed DS and go right back to sleep after- he always tries to talk to me and it ends up waking us both up.
He finally got it that I really need to sleep during this time and to just leave us alone til morning.

Marcy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page