Mothering Forum banner

Question about pushing two beds together

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  because 
#1 ·
For those of you who push two (or more!) beds together to make one big family bed...what do you do about the seams in between? Isn't that annoying?

DH, my baby and I share a queen-sized bed. I'd love to buy a king but money is tight, so I was thinking about rounding up a twin-sized to push against the queen. But I don't know if I'd like having that break in between the two beds.

Thoughts?

#6 ·
Quote:
They actually sell things that fill in the crack and strap the mattress together.
My mil has something like this. The type she has is called "create-a-king". I googled it and found the following site (http://www.esleepshop.com/create-a-king.htm) but I'm sure there are other places out there that sell something similar. Or you could probably make something similar using nylon mesh cording from a camping supply store.

sleep well!

#7 ·
I was at my parents and slept on 2 twins pushed together with my kids. I had the seam going the other way. Instead of the seam parallel to our bodies, I had it perpendicular. I felt much more secure that way- you could try that. (the bed was a day bed with a trundle- not very secure).

#9 ·
Our bed goes: wall - 13" twin - 13" queen. The queen is heavy enough to hold the twin in place (both are on a carpeted floor so they don't slide). Having them the same thickness makes the crack issue minimal. We even have a super stretchy set of king-size T-shirt sheets that can fit across the whole monstrosity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.