I moved with her - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-10-2003, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, Leah is 4.5. A month or so ago, we realized that all three of us in a queen size bed was resulting in no one getting good rest. Leah's bed is a full size (her crib which went unused, converted to the full size) I suggested to leah that we try and sleep there. She was all for it - as long as I was with her. So...dh sleeps alone and I sleep with leah. Everyone is getting better rest.

But...now, where do I go from here? I am really the only one getting the short end of the stick. DH is happy sleeping alone ( for now - and we play our happy games at other times anyway) and Leah likes me in bed with her. If I wake in the night and get up for awhile, she calls out for me in her sleep. I would EVENTUALLY like to sleep, gasp, in the same bed as dh again. But not at the expense of Leah's well-being. How do you know when a child is ready to sleep alone? She refers to it as "our" bed now....

Anyone else move with their child into their room? How (and when) do you transition out without screwing it up ?

Thanks, Deni
#2 of 3 Old 01-12-2003, 08:35 AM

Our 18 month old sleeps in her own queen size, that is right along side our king size. It works cause we all have plenty of room and I can sleep between my two lovies
When I want DH cuddles, he's there... when I want baby cuddles or she needs me I"m right there for her. I can easily roll between the two of them, or be alone in the middle.
Of course these don't work on frames, they are mattresses on the floor... but it is an option that would allow your child to have you, and you to be near DH.
Otherwise, balance your needs with your childs... TO what extent depends on her age of course. One thing to remember is that no child wants to sleep with mommy forever.... so you will be back with DH again eventually
#3 of 3 Old 01-13-2003, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Well...we thought about that, but the two mattresses don't fit. The bedroom is small, sad to say. I know it will end eventually. She is so independent in other ways.

Thanks for responding. Just wanted other peoples' thoughts on it.

De

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page