Need some advice from fellow co-sleepers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-16-2003, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's the 411: I have a dd who is a little over 6 months old. We have been co-sleeping basically the entire time. I also breatfeed her. She's never slept very well, but lately she's been really restless. She tosses and moves and sighs quite a bit at night. So much so that I'm afraid she's not getting enough rest. As soon as I get up to get ready for work in the morning, she wakes up and looks exhausted. She can barely hold her eyes open and has circles under her eyes. The kicker is that when she falls asleep in her car seat she sleeps so soundly!

Do any of your babies do this? I've considered moving her crib (I bought one, don't know why) to my side of the bed, lowering the rail, and letting her sleep there, but I'm not sure if I could last the night without some cuddles.

Any insight? TIA!

Amanda
Mommy to Madeleine Elise, 7/5/02
#2 of 5 Old 01-16-2003, 06:07 PM

My Peyton also has been VERY restless the last couple of nights. I don't have any real advice,but wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I have heard of people side carring the crib and it has worked well.

P.S. our girls have the same middle name. Its also MY middle name

Chandi

: :Mama to 4 girls and Michael is here 9/11/09 We love :::
#3 of 5 Old 01-16-2003, 06:19 PM

Friends of mine used their crib sidecar style. They removed one entire siderail from the crib. One side of the crib was up against the wall. The other side was against the big bed. They used an oversized sheet to line both matresses, to keep them together. It worked well for them, for a couple of years. (The dad is a pediatrician and mom is a nurse, just wanted to add that interesting bit of info.)
I hope this helps.
#4 of 5 Old 01-16-2003, 10:43 PM

I think it might be a phase! My Lilla has many different phases she has gone through. The worst one was the 2 months that she would projectile vomit each night before she went to sleep!!!

That was tough! But I hardly remember it now!

I wish you the best. Try something new if you already have the crib. It just might work. I know my LIlla could not sleep if I wasn't right there next to her. All babies are different!

I hope you get some good advice.

#5 of 5 Old 01-16-2003, 11:33 PM

the sidecar crib worked well for us - my little mexican jumping bean was all over the place....i'd wake up with her feet up my nose, etc. turns out she just needed more space to stretch out for her to get a good nights rest. there was still plenty of time for cuddles, usually in the morning after daddy left for work. she still gives the guardrail of her bed a real workout, feel sorry for her future husband!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page