Anybody else have 2 family beds?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-22-2003, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I don't mean 2 beds pushed together!
When my DD was born (15 mos ago) DH and I decided there wasn't enough rm for our 3 yr old and we would try to get him in his own bed. We bought him a new bed (he never had one before) and my husband started sleeping with him until he fell asleep-big mistake-my husband fell asleep too and never woke to come to our bed.
It's now 15 mos later and my DH is still sleeping with our son in his bed! On the rare occassion my DH comes to our bed, my son wanders in after a few hrs and climbs into bed with us and our 15 mos old and it's crowded!! I never sleep well when this happens and then I'm grouchy the next day.
DS won't fall asleep by himself, why should he, never has before in his 4 short yrs. So now what?
I'd like my husband to come back to our bed and he refuses to get a bigger bed-so we're destined to sleep like Lucy and Ricky forever?
Any thoughts?
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#2 of 4 Old 01-22-2003, 11:48 PM

bs"d

Ann-
I guess I don't have too many solutions for you, just am secconding that we, too, have two family beds. My husband and I have always (pre-baby) had two full-size beds (for religious reasons), sometimes we're together sometimes we're not. DD (we only have one) sleeps mostly with me, then I move her to dh's bed in the morning (she's the best alarm clock ever!) so I can get more sleep while he gets ready for work. Maybe this could work for you if your children get up before he leaves. I don't know what we'll do if we're blessed with another. I was thinking another bed in the room, either a twin on the floor or a toddler bed (I'm sure you don't want to invest in another bed, but that would be good, I don't think dh could sleep in a toddler bed! LOL!).

I hope you find your solution!
#3 of 4 Old 01-23-2003, 12:32 AM

We have 1 family bed, but it sleeps dh and ds. I'm all alone in the queen sized bed, and they sleep together in the twin! Unfortunately for all of us, this is just the way we get the most sleep. Dh lies down with ds at 7:15 until our son falls alseep (usualy by 7:50). Then, dh comes out so we can spend time together, but when our bedtime rolls around, we part, and dh goes into the bed with ds. This is the only arrangement we have found for ds to sleep all the way through til morning. Our son, btw, is 2.5 years old. This arrangement is relatively new for us (just a few months) but it works the best so far!
#4 of 4 Old 01-23-2003, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

At least I know I'm not alone! I figured if anyone could relate it would be here. It's not something that you can discuss in normal conversation without people thinking you're nuts.
For now it works for us I guess, just not ideal. I would like DH in our bed -it's cold here in Iowa now! But at least we have both kids sleeping thru the night which is great!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page